Anything Like This In Australia?

Kirislin

He doesnt want a carpenter because he doesn't want it made from wood. He has previously had a whelping box made from a plastic material but it was flimsier than these ones and cost about the same 7 years ago. It seems from his investigating that if he really doesn't want to put up with a plastic box or crate then importing one of these is cheaper than buying one in Australia.

Could not find the brochure, so did a google and the company is there.

Snowsilk whelping boxes, have all different sizes, replaceable panels if needed and of course what I said in previous post, extensions for a puppy run and a cover to go over the whelping box in early days after birth.

He doesnt want a carpenter because he doesn't want it made from wood. He has previously had a whelping box made from a plastic material but it was flimsier than these ones and cost about the same 7 years ago. It seems from his investigating that if he really doesn't want to put up with a plastic box or crate then importing one of these is cheaper than buying one in Australia.

OK understood, but most carpenters and builders can work in uPVC as well as timber and it is certainly available in Australia, most commonly as vinyl over-cladding but some of the tougher ones are used in in new constructions, both externally and internally - just google some of the distributors of Altro and Formplex etc. They can put you in contact with a local installer who would no doubt have suitable offcuts to purchase plus some joiner ends etc. which would could be made up to your design.

I imagine a few phone calls or emails should be enough to ascertain wether that would be a considerable price reduction than shipping the finished product from the UK or not. Plus it's nice to buy locally if you can and if it is exactly as you want.

Just a suggestion - let us know how it turns out. :)

OK understood, but most carpenters and builders can work in uPVC as well as timber and it is certainly available in Australia, most commonly as vinyl over-cladding but some of the tougher ones are used in in new constructions, both externally and internally - just google some of the distributors of Altro and Formplex etc. They can put you in contact with a local installer who would no doubt have suitable offcuts to purchase plus some joiner ends etc. which would could be made up to your design.

I imagine a few phone calls or emails should be enough to ascertain wether that would be a considerable price reduction than shipping the finished product from the UK or not. Plus it's nice to buy locally if you can and if it is exactly as you want.

Just a suggestion - let us know how it turns out. :)

thanks! :thumbsup: I'll let him know what materials, although he might already know them and have already looked in to it, not sure. I agree, it would be good to buy local if he can get exactly what he wants at an affordable price.