Dog Walking Central Coast?

Stressmagnet

The Central Coast sounds as bad as Port Stephens council. Its B hopeless here. Beautiful part of the world here BUT...

The council are SO anti dog anything. We have over 20 different beaches & only 1 leash free & they are always trying to close our one & only. There aren't any fenced designated dog areas at all. There is a couple of spots that are leash free but are right next to the road. I've been stopped by dog owning visitors asking where are the dog parks? Is this the only leash free beach? They look at me in astonishment when I tell them. I have checked all the ovals they are also ALL signed "no dogs" as well. And the Ranger is red hot around here. He'd book his own mother I reckon. He catches you with your dog off leash anywhere it's not surpose to be. $350 per dog thank you. Same if you get sprung walking your dog on a leash but not on the leash free beach. It's a bloody joke really :(

Had to edit.Rant/ramble over. Sorry I wasn't intending on derailing your walkies thread SM. Back on topic ☺

Edited by BC Crazy

SM here is another one that popped up in the side panel on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCDogOwners/?ref=br_rs

Hazy I just saw an article about the Tuggerah one, they are definitely advertising it as 'small dogs' just wait until an accident happens with a big dog, I can see someone going to court over it.

Newcastle is just as bad, there isn't anything around and it doesn't look like the council want to do anything about it either, there is a FB group about getting a fenced park but nothing much happens.

BC there are a few around Newcastle but I wouldn't be caught dead in the harbour one, way too many diseases get passed around there.

Edited by shapeshifter

Are we talking about the same one SS? Behind the Supa Centre? My friend that runs Gosford Pound has taken her DaneX and two Shar Peis there and there's no way she's be breaking the law :/ I think it's separated with different areas for different sizes :/ I'll msg my friend with the greyhound and ask, she's a vet nurse and she definitely wouldn't be taking her grey if it was only smalls allowed. Her grey is very small dog friendly but she wouldn't take Skye and upset anyone.

I'll see if I can find it, it keeps coming up on FB, as a link to an article, not as someone's comment.

Can't find it at present (keep looking), you know what it could be though, I did find a 'fence it off for small dogs' part. Maybe someone has got their wires crossed and written it in a way that makes it appear that it's for small dogs instead of people wanting a part for small dogs.

Edited by shapeshifter

I'll see if I can find it, it keeps coming up on FB, as a link to an article, not as someone's comment.

Can't find it at present (keep looking), you know what it could be though, I did find a 'fence it off for small dogs' part. Maybe someone has got their wires crossed and written it in a way that makes it appear that it's for small dogs instead of people wanting a part for small dogs.

I just spoke to my friend and she said it's for all breeds.

This is it but by the sounds of it it's just a usual dog park shit fight.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuggerah-off-Leash-Fenced-Dog-Park/214253625379540

Stressmagnet my friend just sent me this link

She said she thinks there's a group who walk at Point Clare.

Shapeshifter just reading that FB link you posted and some muppet is asking if anyone has a mini poodle to put with her mini schnauzer so they can breed schnoodles or some rot!

Hazy definitely hasn't popped up again and yep completely see what you mean about there being shitfights.

The FB link to the CC one, yes I saw that too, people are idiots, there is lots of that on the 'purebred but not registered' pages. Not sure how they think two purebreds but of different breeds meets that criteria.

I've been following that page as that's where the local lab group meets every fortnight. It will turn into a bogan shit fight as even when we go for the lab meet up - we have people who choose to ignore the almost empty section and stick their precious snowflake dog who can't handle boisterous dogs in with 20 Labradors. Or we have the the guy who thinks it's cool to let his pittie mix with the Labradors and see if it can handle rude manners. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm posting everywhere in FB but there's no real information on a local walking group. I'd love to find out more about the rumoured one at Point Clare. I may have to start my own, but I'm really not into organising stuff since chemo makes it hard to be consistent. I'd really just like company once a week.

Edited to add: I've joined the Meetup group but it's all Newcastle based. Way too far for a casual walk!

Edited by Stressmagnet

There's one on today with the meet up group at Davistown at 2pm, that's not Newcastle.

If she finds out about the Point Clare one I'll let you know. As I said she's a vet nurse and lived on the CC for many years so is a wealth of knowledge on all things doggy.

There's one on today with the meet up group at Davistown at 2pm, that's not Newcastle.

If she finds out about the Point Clare one I'll let you know. As I said she's a vet nurse and lived on the CC for many years so is a wealth of knowledge on all things doggy.

Thanks HazyWal. I saw this on the page. I'm dropping Oldest off at work at 2:30 but that location and time is def doable in the future. Just need to get myself into the info loop earlier. Much appreciated.

Edited because, autocorrect is stupid.

Edited by Stressmagnet