Using A Pet Loo

leopuppy04

TSD have you seen Susan Garrett's current litter? They all seemed to reliably use litter trays filled with paper based kitty litter by 6 weeks of age, and toilet outside when they have access. She says she never has issues transitioning.

Yes! That's what has got me thinking. It actually looks easier to deal with and that's what I've been thinking about using. I'm pretty familiar with cat litter as you can imagine!

I actually find puppies are REALLY quick at learning appropriate toileting and if you think about it - if we as breeders can even prevent 'accidents' from such a young age, they never really should get into their heads that anywhere other than 'outside' and their toilet spot is the place to go! TSD - I too have been thinking about the litter substrate too but not sure of the availability of the exact litter that SG uses. Prior to knowledge about this I have found puppy grass has worked to the same level of success :).

As for an update pet loo wise - gone back to grass mats and we are back to 100% success and no more accidents even when I'm out. I have left the pet loo out a few times and he has used this - but someone's suggestion on here about texture seems to have done the trick - cut up the pet grass mat and put on the pet loo - this seems to have worked.

We shall see!