Ricky Gervais

samoyedman

i won't look as I'm finding as I get older I'm less able to handle it. Animal cruelty is widespread in China: bears, dogs, animals skinned alive for their fur... seems to be accepted more widely than they will admit.

China's the place chosen by the FCI for their World Dog Show in 2019. It's sparked huge criticism & some calls for boycott.

The FCI & China are also the subject of outrage by the owners & breeders of Tibetan dog breeds throughout the world.

China requested the FCI to change Tibetan breeds' place of origin from 'Tibet' to 'China'. And the FCI, without consulting opinions from Tibetan breed owners, agreed.

This is breathtakingly arrogant. China, having taken over Tibet & crushed its independence as a country, is now trying to crush its history. Tibet's native dog breeds, developed there for centuries & having only Tibetan names, are now to be declared by the FCI as Origin, China. Would include Tibetan Mastiffs, Tibetan Terriers, Tibetan Spaniels, Lhasa Apsos etc.

You can read about it here, with comments below from around the world:ir

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.php/139004/FCI%20changes%20Tibetan%20breeds’%20country%20of%20origin%20to%20China

UPDATE: Breaking news, 'UK Kennel Club will not be attending the World Dog Show in China'. Reason their treatment of dogs.

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.php/139202/1/uk_kennel_club__will_not_be_attending__world_show_in_china/71992d4c75a0b7925e6e6724ea7528c1

Edited by mita

The Norwegian Kennel Club and the Dutch Kennel Club have both announced they will also not be attending the World Dog Show in China. Clubs in Canada & Finland have also joined the protest.

Edited by mita