Snow

Given it's meant to be freezing this weekend- does anyone have any suggestions on where I coukd take my dog to visit snow? Ideally within 2-3hrs of canberra. Most of the places I've looked up are national parks :(

Does cooma or jindabyne get snow in the town?

Thanks

Edited by aussielover

ooo will there be any snow near bungendore? Im showing there this weekend but would love to introduce my girl to snow in the afternoon

There may be snow in Captains Flat, about 30 mins from Bungendore, which could make it interesting for me to get to the show actually :laugh:

Rug up for Bungendore, it's always freezing cold, one year it was sleeting all day and so windy.

If you head around to Tumut and Batlow, there are STATE parks there, they allow dogs and when it snows they get snow :)

This is Sugar Pine Walk from that area, dogs allowed :)

sugarpine-walk-laurel-hill.jpg

Oh my goodness, that photo is gorgeous. I want snoooooĆ²ooooow

Snow highly likely in Bungendore tomorrow or at least on the escarpment to the West with falls predicted down to 600m. It's going to be windy too, so while the maximum is forecast to be 6 degrees, the apparent temperature will be struggling to climb above zero...... so be prepared! Our biggest dumps of snow usually come in from the South-east, so I am not sure that there will be a lot of snow settling.

Rain and sleet in Bungendore at the moment, has been raining most of the night. However, it is snowing in Kowen Forest, 10 minutes to the west and sitting at a higher elevation. The sled dog people meet there on a Sunday morning, so they will be very happy! My sympathies to the poor people at the show.....stay warm and dry everyone!

Edited by trifecta