I-click

I'm looking to place an order next week to buy a bundle of clickers from the US...now I'm going to be buying a handful for myself and a couple for friends so i will be placing an order for 30 of the clickers (as that is the minimum bulk order). Because of that i will have a number that will need to be rehomed :banghead:

So...I just thought i'd ask here if anyone else is interested in having one, or a few. I can't find out exactly how much postage and handling etc is going to cost but at a guestimate I'm working on the clickers being about $4.00 each (plus postage to get it to you)...if the price comes in under that then the price will drop. (I thought it's better to work to the higher estimate price then if/when is comes under that then we all get a nice surprise :confused: )

Also if i get a more people expected interested i'll look at getting the next larger 'bulk' amount (50), doing so may even drop the price further. At the moment i am just after numbers so i know which lot to order, other details will be worked out when i have an exact price to let people know the go. So either pm me with how many you would like or just post to this thread and i'll keep a log and confirm numbers when the clickers arrive :hitself:

i-click info

Thanks all ;)

- I have received permission from Troy to post this :mad

Edited by KitKat

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi KITKAT,

I meant to tell you this before. There is a lady at Grafton who sells them and lots of other stuff if you want to have a look. I have bought things from her before and always received it very quickly.

Its; Callicoma Kelpies.

If you do a search you will find her she is at Grafton , northern NSW

If you need i can look up her correct web adress

Thanks for that :hitself: I had a look (and will be adding them to my favs list!) but they only have the normal style clickers...though at a very very good price ;)

The I-clicks have a button to press rather then an indent thingo...so figured that might be easier to click no matter what me and my dog/s are doing :banghead:

ETA - The prices i have seen so far for the I-Clicks here in Aus is about $8.00 + pstage :mad I just realised that if worse comes to worse and no one wants any i'll sell the extra's on EBay :confused:

post-9-1115162923.jpg

Edited by KitKat

Im thought she did have the i-click ones because i have them :banghead: Maybe i got them somewhere else. They are better than the standed clickers and a little quieter.

Maybe i bought them from clean run??

I need more coffee. I bought some toys as well postage cost i bit over $30 AUS dollars

Guest Tess32

I wouldn't mind getting a couple extra, I keep losing them all over the house.

Nat

I wouldn't mind a couple more... I have one of the I Clicks and two old ones but are always losing them...

Best to have one everywhere, bag, car, trial bag, treat bag, kitchen etc etc :banghead:

Can clickers be used for a dog (12months) that has been voice/whistle/hand action trained ? Could I use it as an additional tool/replacement or use it only for new tricks etc ?

Can someone with a minute explain in short how to use one ?

Bella is pretty smart and has no problems learning and obeying but I could use some help with a more positive recall :banghead::confused:

I'd be in for 2 in that case :hitself: , oh and when you click them are they loud ?

Ta ;)

Yup...got you down for that Mel :banghead:

Ooo...before i forget...i have got this down as a first in first serve basis...everyone is on my list in order of when they let me know :hitself: If i get to 30 and people still want some i'll order the 50 and i'll let people know when it's all over for ordering ;)

PS...if peeps can say how many they want by number if possible...eg 2 or 3 or 6 etc that would be fantastic and would allow me to keep a more accurate log :mad thanks :confused:

Can clickers be used for a dog (12months) that has been voice/whistle/hand action trained ?

Yes..in fact they should take to it very quickly :confused:

Can someone with a minute explain in short how to use one ?

The clicker is used to mark the correct behaviour...but i will leave this up to someone else or i'll find a better explanation in another thread and copy and paste it as i'm crap at explainnig things especially on paper :banghead:

Ok..this might help, this is from Karen Pryor's site which gave a link to earlier :hitself:

What is Clicker Training?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by: Karen Pryor 05.05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The click is a marker signal

Clicker training is a science-based system for teaching behavior with positive reinforcement. You use a marker signal (the sound of a toy clicker) to tell the animal (or person) when it's doing the action that will pay off. The system was first widely used by dolphin trainers who needed a way to teach behavior without using physical force.

No corrections or punishment required

In traditional training, you tell an animal or person what to do, make that behavior happen (using force if necessary), reward good results, and punish mistakes. In clicker training you watch for the behavior you like, mark the instant it happens with a click, and pay off with a treat. The treat may be food, a pat, praise, or anything else the learner enjoys. If the learner makes a mistake all you do is wait and let them try again.

Replacing the clicker with praise

Clicker trainers focus on building behavior, not stopping behavior. Instead of yelling at the dog for jumping up, you click it for sitting. Instead of kicking the horse to make it go, you click it for walking. Then, click by click, you "shape" longer sits, or more walking, until you have the final results you want. Once the behavior is learned, you keep it going with praise and approval and save the clicker and treats for the next new thing you want to train.

It's fun and exciting for pets and people

Dogs and other animals quickly learn that the marker signal means, "Something good is coming." Then they realize they can make you click by repeating their behavior. They become enthusiastic partners in their own training. In people, clicking reduces the need for correction and is especially useful for training physical skills. Clicker training is exciting for animals and fun for us. And it's easy to do. You might get results on the very first try.

Does that help? (i only did a quick seach is all)

and when you click them are they loud ?

they give a good strong sound...perhaps not across the field type loud but people train agility and such them them as well...so shey should be loud enough for what you want?

Edited by KitKat

Aawww ML..i was going to charge all the postage to you! makes it cheaper for the rest of us!!! :confused:

To set you at ease :hitself: ...i'll not be making anything on these things unless i sell some in EBay :banghead:

Aawww ML..i was going to charge all the postage to you! makes it cheaper for the rest of us!!! :hitself:

To set you at ease :mad ...i'll not be making anything on these things unless i sell some in EBay :confused:

Nah, I meant the second lot of postage - when you said

I'm working on the clickers being about $4.00 each (plus postage to get it to you)...

;) was making joke (very funny one apparently :banghead: ) about you posting mine up the street to me.

I did think about it...but i'm not a trainer for starters..lol...but the order as it stands will be under $1.00USD per clicker...plus postage. I'm not sure BlackDog will do that for me...and i was told that BlackDog gets their i-clicks from the same place...just puts their name on them (could easily be wrong :) )

I've 'over-guestimated' (i assume lol) the cost per clicker so that the prices should come under....so when they come in i can go "Thanks that is $2.50 per clicker (or whatever), isn't that great" rather then "I'm sorry...they ended up being more then expected...do you still want them?"

Damn right i want postage from you ML....i'll take three puppy hugs from Kara, two smoochs from Molly and a cuddle from any rescue BC's you have at the time :)

Edited to take out quote...lol

Edited by KitKat