Tumeric Paste

One of my dogs has a bit of an injury (trying to prevent it getting any worse), a couple of people have said to put her on turmeric. In fact basically have said tumeric for everyone!! So I've got my ingredients and I will make it up tomorrow hopefully.

But I'm just interested in hearing if you have been using turmeric in your dogs diet and what you have noticed as aresult of using it.

Scottie & i are using it.

I have 3 slipped discs & desication in the neck as well as other horse riding related injuries & it just makes my "less ouchy".

I dont notice much difference in him, occasionally he seems more stiff if he misses a dose. But I continue to give it to him as it helps me / i feel better so assume he dies too & its more cost effective than anything else ive tried.

Haven't noticed anything in Deniki or Koda, but Henry has been much more active since being on it :)

He has a dodgy spine and hips. But this does seem to make him feel better! Its relatively inexpensive and easy to do, so i will continue adding it.

Unfortunately he isnt one of the dogs who will eat it straight from the spoon, so it gets creatively mixed into things :laugh:

My old girl is on the Golden Paste twice a day- I'd say it helps her arthritis & HD, but she is also on twice-daily anti-inflammatories and regular injections for this. I have not reduced the meds since being on the GP. She eats anything so I am lucky. The biggest advantage - bizarrely - that the GP has shown is that her incontinence has improved since being on it! She has been on 2 meds for incontinence, and still is, but the GP definitely helps that issue!

Turmeric has a lot of science behind it ... in human medicine. Very helpful for arthritis & skin conditions. A friend has had her English Pointers on turmeric for years now, & the vet is amazed how they're so little affected by arthritis in their senior years (one will soon be 14 years).

I have my girl on GP, she has a dodgy cruciate and HD which will eventually need surgery. She is also on a heap of supplements, Previcox and Cartrophen monthly. I honestly am not sure it has made any difference but as she eats it willingly and my vet said it's ok, I will keep on with it.