Help Please

poochmad

Hi guys. Looking for some assistance here. Henschke had a bone and since he's eaten it, he's vomited up bile 6 times now. What's weird, is that he just does it wherever he is instead of going outside like he usually does.

He's pretty quiet, but he's not an overexcited dog, so it's hard to tell if he's listless or not.

It's been about 4 hours since the bone (was a rib) and he's still throwing up.

Should we wait and see or take him to the vet?

I'm worried it could be a bone stuck somewhere.

Thoughts?

I agree. We called the emergency vet who told us to bring him in, free of charge cause she was at the clinic (how nice) who gave him an injection to stop him vomiting, and we are going back in the morning for an x-Ray.

Everything crossed he's fine. :)

I agree. We called the emergency vet who told us to bring him in, free of charge cause she was at the clinic (how nice) who gave him an injection to stop him vomiting, and we are going back in the morning for an x-Ray.

Everything crossed he's fine. :)

Thank you.

Last night at 1am he hacked up a small piece of a treat, did another cough and that was it. The vet said no x-Ray because it was probably in the wind pipe and hadn't shown any symptoms since. We are just to keep an eye on him, feed him and if he vomits, bring him straight back.

So far all good.

Edited by poochmad