Rats

Gretel

Thanks everyone. OH cleaned out the shed today. He found several quite good sized bones. Our dogs don't have recreational bones so I'm assuming next doors dog does. Anything soft that would be good to nest in is gone. Most stuff down there is in lidded boxes. They've eaten a lot of the bait. I am a bit worried that there are blocks missing. Hopefully they've been eaten and not dragged out of the shed.... That's rather worrying.

Thanks everyone. OH cleaned out the shed today. He found several quite good sized bones. Our dogs don't have recreational bones so I'm assuming next doors dog does. Anything soft that would be good to nest in is gone. Most stuff down there is in lidded boxes. They've eaten a lot of the bait. I am a bit worried that there are blocks missing. Hopefully they've been eaten and not dragged out of the shed.... That's rather worrying.

Glad you have destroyed their 'castle ' :)

They apparently stole next door dog's bones ? LOL .

Did you nail the blocks down, or tie them on ?

They may have carried them to another spot if not ..but they will probably have eaten them ;)

I gave up using blocks for that reason ..now use pellets in containers ....

If you are washing anything ..floor, joists etc ..use Urine-off or similar , so it doesn't still have the rat's 'ownership' markings on there .

let's hope they don't come back!!

Glad you have destroyed their 'castle ' :)

They apparently stole next door dog's bones ? LOL .

Did you nail the blocks down, or tie them on ?

They may have carried them to another spot if not ..but they will probably have eaten them ;)

I gave up using blocks for that reason ..now use pellets in containers ....

If you are washing anything ..floor, joists etc ..use Urine-off or similar , so it doesn't still have the rat's 'ownership' markings on there .

let's hope they don't come back!!

I didn't think of them taking them anywhere so I didn't tie them down. That was before I saw the bones! :eek:

I've just ordered a rat zapper too.

I've never noticed a smell associated with the dead rats in my zapper, but I usually put it out overnight and see the tail hanging out the end in the morning. I've only gone through one or 2 sets of batteries per year and the unit itself lasts several years (they don't like getting wet though) Dry dog food seems to work the best I've found. The instructions suggest it takes a few days for rats to get used to new things in their surrounds and you'll get the first kills within a few days. I've had rats and mice zapped in mine

I've never noticed a smell associated with the dead rats in my zapper, but I usually put it out overnight and see the tail hanging out the end in the morning. I've only gone through one or 2 sets of batteries per year and the unit itself lasts several years (they don't like getting wet though) Dry dog food seems to work the best I've found. The instructions suggest it takes a few days for rats to get used to new things in their surrounds and you'll get the first kills within a few days. I've had rats and mice zapped in mine