Ascophyllum Nodosum - Plaque off alternative

giraffez

I posted a thread about plaque off a while ago about how amazon no longer ships to AU and the prices are ridiculously high if purchased locally.  Since then, I have read that people have sourced locally a cheaper alternative called Ascophyllum Nodosum (which is kelp powder i think).  Has anyone used this with their dogs and found it effective for healthy teeth?  What is the dosage?

I used to buy it from Steve and gave a similar amount to Plaque Off as I did not want to overdose on iodine. However, I cannot confidently say it made a difference. Have had more success in maintaining clean teeth by feeding large chunks of meat that they have to tear and shred.

I bought my last lot from here--> http://www.vitamingrocer.com.au/Organic-Kelp-Powder-p/77938.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=pla&utm_content=77938&gclid=CMGBuvHZhcUCFQF9vQodxZMAgA

I couldn't see there was much difference when I used to give it to Penny, Mac and Daisy though when I de-scaled their teeth the scale used to come off pretty easily.

I had more luck with the electric tooth brush with a few drops of Hexarinse instead of that stinkin' dogggie-toothpaste, they liked it!

The last vet who saw my then 12.5yo Rotti before he passed, said he rarely saw such healthy teeth & gums in dogs even half his age.

All he ate was raw meaty bones (yes, he got treats like cheese, eggs, sardines for e.g.) no chips, biscuits or any other people food, never ever.

A good diet is much easier than getting out the toothbrush.