Breed shows , what do numbers mean?

juice

1 to 5 are age based classes, running from baby puppy at 3-6 months, then minor puppy, puppy, junior and ending at intermediate, 18-36 months.

Classes 6,7 and 8 are seldom used, they have entry rules based on how much the dog has won or not - novice, graduate, limit.

Classes 9 and 10 are based on where the dog was born, 9 being State bred and 10 Australian bred. Usually only Aust bred is held. 

And 11 is Open, any dog over 6 months in age can enter.

12 and 13 are Veterans, 7-10 years and over 10.

15, 16 and 17 are neuter age classes as yet seldom used, the most frequent neuter class is 18, Open neuter. 

All male classes have just the number, female classes have A after the number. Usually the regular male classes run first followed by the male challenge (best male). Then the regular female classes and challenge, Then the run offs between the class winners. Repeat for neuter. 

if you want to google it is ANKC regulations Part 5, Section 1, 1.2. States have the same in their regs. 

Edited by Diva

Thankyou !

if it's over 2 days is it because there is a lot to get through ?

So sat would be youngest and Sunday older and neuter classes ?

Edited by juice

I just went looking for the schedule assuming you are looking at the NSW Club.

They are runnning 2 full shows, a full show on Sat and a different show and judge on Sunday. So all classes each day. You can go either day and will see mostly the same dogs. 

i forgot you have two breeds too, so they start with all the Bull Terriers first on Sat then the minis, Minis go  first on Sunday. 

Edited by Diva

Yes that's it . So people will enter depending on which day ( or judge ) they want ? 

I work sat , so was hoping Sunday would still be a good day to pop over for s look . I'm sure Zeldas breeder will be there , so wanted to see his dogs in action . 

Most people will enter both shows, occasionally someone thinks one judge might like their dog and the other won't so they only do one day. Mostly though the entry will be the same each day. Sunday will be fine.

• Like 1

Most will enter both unless they plan to show elsewhere or may have another breed over the specialty season.

Im gathering this is in NSW during the Royal Show so many clubs hold two shows to make the travel worthwhile with eastern state guests

• Like 1