Pretty proud of these photos...

tdierikx

At photo club on thursday night, we had our monthly digital photo evaluations. We have a judge come and evaluate and give feedback on all the entries, and then they award credits or merits for the photos they feel are a cut above. Credits are like second prize, and merits are the ones we all strive for...

I entered 3 photos... and came away with TWO merits!!!! Sweet! I've managed to get one or two credits for previous months' entries, but these are my first merits, and I'm so excited!

Anyways... here are the 2 photos that the judge thought deserved those merits...

58e887f68df34_01-03-2014-taronga286-merit.thumb.jpg.58fbc13dcbd3618260a1a9829e2724af.jpg

58e887fd4fc86_27-10-2013-taronga858-dixie2-merit.thumb.jpg.b88bc8080b5fc010e8191cb2e97dbae8.jpg

Gonna be hard to top these two... but gonna try hard in future evaluations... *grin*

T.

Edited by tdierikx
  • Like 2

Thanks all...

The bird shot was pure luck IMHO... hand held tracking while she was diving for food... and it's a crop too... shows off why you should invest in a top notch lens... *grin*

The chimp one is as it came out of the camera - they were going past about 15 metres away and the little guy was checking out the crowds... he's such a little imp!

T.

• Like 1