Staff pup worry

Sooty

Hi all,

I was looking at buying a staff pup i found on line but am worried about the transaction process, i asked to visit the breeder's farm to see the pup and others, and the conditions in general but have been advised that if i want the dog i am to drive to a given location in the Hunter Valley and wait for the seller to arrive from " down the road " with the pup. I was told the sales are done like this for "security reasons" but it seems rather odd to buy a dog on the side of the road, definitely  not comfortable with the idea.

Can anyone offer advice or anything else.

Thanks

SD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have seen one photo of pup, no photos of litter or anything else, once i heard their request for meeting on road I lost interest as I thought that perhaps it was a stolen dog, then I realised they advertise other dogs, breeds so I thought " Puppy Farm", as the link to their website doesnt go anywhere, they only have i stant message or phone number listed on Pet Directory,  all looks no good.....

• Like 2

Agree with everyone else. So many red flags here.
On the very very slim chance that this might be a genuine responsible breeder that is paranoid about puppy theft you can contact the local shire or council that they are in and ask their ranger if they have visited the property to check out the welfare of their animals.
Explain that you were thinking of purchasing an advertised puppy, but are quite worried about not being permitted to visit the property and being expected to pick up the pup at a roadside meeting. Unless the ranger gives you their guarantee that the puppies are being raised properly, do not buy the pup. If everyone did this when considering buying from someone who refuses to let them see the pups rearing conditions, there would be a lot fewer illegal puppy farms.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Have been advised by another potential buyer who accessed property that there are many breeding bitches  (30+) in cages behind the house, place covered in deep faeces , all animals looked in poor condition , syringes seen by the cages before he was chased away...described the scene as disgusting,

Im gonna make some calls to have this investigated,

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2