Italian Greyhound

Christine52

• 2 weeks later...

Please do plenty of research into the breed if you aren't familiar.  As a breed they are often not ok as an only dog.  I set up Iggy Rescue with another DOL member - Indigirl - back in 2009.  We recommend taking out insurance on them right from the start.  They are frequently not suitable with young children etc.  Have a look at our website - www.iggyrescue.com.au.  Alternatively Google and type in "is an Italian Greyhound the right breed for me" and you'll come up with a "warts and all" look at them.  Sadly they have become fashionable these days.  Costs of a puppy are $2,000 plus and i recommend you don't buy one from a non-registered breeder due to hereditary issues and if they don't suit you, they will not take the dog back.

• Like 4

I agree with HMD.
I advised a friend who was seeking an IG to take out pet insurance because they are sooo fragile. When I saw her some time later she thanked me, although she did not have pet insurance on any of her other dogs, she had takem the advice and insured the IG pup when it arrived. So was very grateful for the advice, as the pup tripped over ts own feet just a month afterwards and broke its leg and the insruance saved her a large amout of money.

• Sad 2