Victorian Owners Prosecuted for Allowing Morbidly Obese and Injured Dog to Suffer

Deeds

I see so many overweight dogs and I’m constantly being criticised for my whippet and Italian greyhounds because people think they’re too thin.  My brother abused me for starving them. Meanwhile his own commercial fed dogs were grossly overweight and riddled with fleas.

The majority of dogs I see are overweight and people think they’re the normal ones. Many people aren’t used to seeing lean healthy dogs.

if people have fat whippets they Cooley call them Whoppets and think it’s cute. They say “ as long as they’re happy”. If you try to suggest it’s not good for their dog you’re accused of fat shaming.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

My Labrador Trouble was a lovely lean shape... all muscle and very little fat. A friend's husband (they had 2 very fat Labradors) once asked me what breed Trouble was, and then said she couldn't be a Labrador because she wasn't fat... to which I responded she wasn't fat because I was the one who dictated what she ate and how much of it... unfortunately the barb was lost on him... *sigh*

T.

• Like 3