Owner Mauled While Trying to Save his Labrador from a Dog Attack

Deeds

There used to be a condition in some contracts:  all care, no responsibility.  

Today the default condition in regards to just about every aspect of life is: no care and bugger-all if anything goes wrong.  

What the hell will the world be like in a decade or two?  Even worse.  

Having been bitten quite a few times over the years, I can guarantee that those bites are very very painful.  

• Sad 3

I have a lab and goldens. My lab is the sweetest happiest go lucky gentle dog in the world. He has been attacked in the past and try as much as I did I could not stop it. The dog was so quick, circling around him taking bites, that I couldn’t get my hand or leg in anywhere. It was only when the owner who was in their front yard with the dog came running over, took her shoe off and whacked her dog with it that he leg go and she yelled at him to go inside, she grabbed him and quickly hurried away into her house with him, never asking if we were ok or checking us at all. 

The screams from my dog were just horrible. Nothing he ever has done does he deserve that. Thankfully we weren’t far from home and I was able to check him over and tend to his wounds. They weren’t deep but lots of small bite marks all over his belly. No blood. It was a collie cross I believe and had it been a different dog or had she not been there I don’t know what I would have been able to do. 

I don’t walk my dogs in suburbia, it’s too risky. There’s too many dogs out there off leash when they shouldn’t or people who have no control over their dog or just don’t care. I only walk around lakes or in highly populated areas now. It’s sad. 

• Sad 4