Itchy Bumps

Xenas Dad

Treatment will depend on cause. My first advice is - visit your local friendly vet to have it looked it. 

Otherwise - more info might help narrow it down:
Have they just suddenly appeared?

Has she ever had any other skin issues? Has she been walking through bushes, grass or gardens?

Could she have been bitten by something?

Did you recently change foods or has she eaten something show doesn’t normally eat?

Are they caused by mites?
Could it be bush ticks?

if it’s an allergic reaction, antihistamines may help. But better would be to remove the allergen. Allergens can be food related, or in the environment. 

The heat and humidity is probably not helping, regardless of what it is. Sometimes a cool bath with specific medicated soap can help - again though it really depends on the cause. 

Mites need a completely different treatment, as do ticks. 

If you can be more specific it might help people offer advice. 

• Like 2

Just as an aside - one reason I recommend seeking out your vet for advice is what happened to my last little pug. 

She had what appeared to be a sudden onset contact allergy of some sort, mainly on her abdomen. It turned out to be a rare cancer. She was dead 3.5 months later. 

• Sad 1

Whereabouts in Qld are you? the reason I ask is that there may be midges (tiny sand-flies) around, their bite is a bit savage to skin and really itchy.

Sometimes there are dragonflies flying about which is an indication of sandfly/midge presence, the dragonflies eat them

Usually the tick preventive medication helps

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/midge-outbreak-on-sunshine-coast/7929522

or

it also may be caused by Wandering Jew, here is a link to the ornamental variety though Qld does have a native one which is green so scroll down a little on this link

Edited by Boronia

Hi Boronia

I'm in the Ipswich area there's a number possible causes I'm thinking long grass where walk I her to mozzies, the hot weather or food I have just put her on Polaramine and seems to be working bumps aren't spread and appears to going down I've also been rubbing coconut oil over her.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What food are you feeding? Keep in mind reactions can develop over time or ingredients and quality can vary between batches. Sometimes something triggers a reaction or the microbiome gets disrupted which is hard to rectify.

If the food has stuff like cereals/cereal by-products then thats probably a sign to try something different to see if it helps. May help clear up the itchiness in a matter of a week or two.

Environmental factors may also be a trigger, so assess anything which has changed recently.