Sharing mum and puppy pics

asal

I began this on the Breeders forum.  so long ago but beginning to wonder if anyone is left there anymore?

not one single fellow breeder has shared photos even though it was began  August 2, 2022?

Just asked the breeders of the currently  1,433 litters  listed Australia wide to chip in to spread the ANKC's message.

Have any of you here seen it?

https://app4.vision6.com.au/em/message/email/view.php?id=1389800&a=77143&k=V0urX55QsPQEqVDGVhFzkdJecx57WRzFQQgRfH8ygu8

This is an incredibly important message that needs to be spread far and wide as it is relevant to every state election pending.

Just asked those 1,433 members to help spread the word,  SO sad that although Dogzonline IS! well was, an awesome  ANKC forum so few are here anymore?

WHERE ARE THEY? 

THEY ARE CERTAINLY using the puppies for sale section. WHY not the forums?

I don't know why the breeders aren't using Dol. It's a shame because you did learn things that will otherwise be lost knowledge. :(  But I hear Dol referred to as 'bitchy' which doesn't encourage membership. 

Rescuers have largely abandoned too, using FB instead. And it was a great resource too.

I've thought about leaving. Anti rescue sentiment has stung a few times with unwarranted criticism. And is often confused with militant animal rights movements as opposed to animal welfare. 

Maybe breeders are feeling the same way. I see some harsh criticism and designer breed promo that used to be disallowed and was sorted out asap. I wouldn't use a purebreed forum where the members it was built for have felt vulnerable and alienated.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

I don't know why the breeders aren't using Dol. It's a shame because you did learn things that will otherwise be lost knowledge. :(  But I hear Dol referred to as 'bitchy' which doesn't encourage membership. 

Rescuers have largely abandoned too, using FB instead. And it was a great resource too.

I've thought about leaving. Anti rescue sentiment has stung a few times with unwarranted criticism. And is often confused with militant animal rights movements as opposed to animal welfare. 

Maybe breeders are feeling the same way. I see some harsh criticism and designer breed promo that used to be disallowed and was sorted out asap. I wouldn't use a purebreed forum where the members it was built for have felt vulnerable and alienated.   

thanks for your comments.

Sadly this has been the norm for decades now and nothing to do with DOL. the entire atmosphere of the ankc has gone downhill since the 80's and the extorting to "eliminate" the unworthy "from the membership"  Be the accusation, they dont show enough, bred too many puppies that year, bribed the judge, slept to get their ribbon, u name it, I've heard it............. it has been an ongoing and constant problem ever since ankc membership began.

At least it was only the backstabbing when you won before that started.

I used to show horses before I showed my dogs and you really do need to learn to pick out the knives in your back once you get home in all sports.  So for me at least it did not come as a surprise.   The human race is very strange and yet people try to make out only our pets are nice.  Well they certainly forget there are more nice people than nasty. Its just that you notice the nasty more because of the pain they inflict when in fact they ARE the minority.

as for our pets, some dogs are just as savage as the backstabbing humans, its just that they use their teeth in stead. Again the opposite seems to be true, everyone forgets the one that bit you even existed because almost without fail the owner is held to have "MADE" it so.  sorry folks some are born nasty, you cant always blame its human.

So its not DOL's fault so many have gone haring off the faceplant,  why? eludes me it sure can get nasty there too .

Hope this place continues until the nice people rediscover it.  Along with all those amazing and educational archives face plant can never deliver 

have a great day everyone.

Edited by asal

I saw your post asal last year and would have loved to put up pics of my healthy happy mummy - but my dogs aren't registered pure bred! I am becoming an ANKC member and will be entering the pure bred dog world this year - with some excitement and not a small amount of apprehension because yes, over the last 18 months have talked to quite a few breeders and have been appalled at some of the things some people have said about others. It just seems so over the top! One thing I have realised though is a good genuine dog person finds it easy to recognise another good genuine dog person when they meet one - and the only thing to discover after that is if they are good persons as well! 

ANKC code is pretty intrusive and militant over things which may not necessarily have to do with animal welfare and more to do the other agendas in the pure bred dog world (I am not sure what they are). I hope newer member breeders can be attracted to the ANKC to promote their breeds and demonstrate best practice and put many more great dogs on the ground and not let breeds go extinct. 

ANKC breeders need to be supported to not be embarrassed or ashamed about breeding dogs! 

2 hours ago, asal said:

Hope this place continues until the nice people rediscover it.  Along with all those amazing and educational archives face plant can never deliver

I think it would be great to hear more from breeders on the forum, the archive is indeed rich and rewarding so thanks so much to all who have contributed to it!

• Like 2