Rottweiler Breeders Respond to Online Abuse After 2 Dogs Turn on Owner

Deeds

It would be better if they were aggressive lines in a way and then we could have that answer. But it seems it was two male dogs together that something caused a fight. So education is needed in what to do in that situation, whether you should have two same sex dogs together that powerful, were both males dominant? Does the breeder choose the most suitable pup for the home, making sure to choose the most submissive if you already have a dominant? It needs to not happen again without banning the whole breed. 

6d3d2c7e23a34aad5db8069b2169d006.thumb.jpg.d38817e00156779eafa4a739fa6eb3d9.jpg

1 hour ago, Deeds said:

Hard not to be judgy of the owner given the photos (from the owner's FB page) shown in this article. What a gross, disgusting boob shot!

Maybe the breeder's only fault is in not doing a better check before placing the dog, though that’s not the easiest thing to do.  In my days as a breeder,  I hope I would have screened her out....but then, I had Labradors and majority of buyers had had labs before and most had obvious families with children.  Putting 2 intact male Rotties in a suburban backyard isn't clever, unless there's a strong justification.

Edited by sandgrubber
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Amazetl said:

Do you know if they were intact? Is it unusual for breeders to place two same sex dogs of powerful breeds like this? Like so many, it seems it could have been prevented without banning the whole breed. 

No. It's just me being judgy.  Seeing how she has exaggerated and displayed her own sexual features, I assumed she would prefer dogs with full tackle.

We don't know if both were intact, and we don't know if the breeder or breeders knew there would be two boys in the same smallish backyard.   I lived across the road from the Success subdivision when it was being built, and I sure wouldn't recommend it as a good location for two large, powerful dogs unless there was an exceptionally good owner.  

Edited by sandgrubber
  • Like 2