Urgent Help Required

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! Will do that! Also, for those who asked if I had any pictures of my little gremlin, please see my personal photo there is one there of him. Also I keep trying to add it as my avatar but it won't work for some reason...

Hit the little pm box under Dru's post, Greentea and she'll get your message, Lovey. How's your little fuzz ball today?

ETA: what page of personal photos is the little guy on, Greentea?

ETA again: Oh, found it. He's gorgeous!!!!!

Edited by raz

If you are OK to handle your dog in every day life (and I presume you haven't got a dog you are that allergic to) why don't you have a go at grooming your dog out side, where a mask over your face and a pair of surgical gloves. These gloves will also be great for getting a grip on the dead coat that needs pulling.

I have a grooming salon and I do groom show schnauzers for other people. only on the condition they keep the body coat rolling themselves between visits as well as keeping the undercoat raked out. This means I have the time to put the finishing touches to the trim rarther then getting exhausted with the 'grunt work'. As I show schnauzers I know how to groom dogs to the best advantage for they're shape and how to show off what is important for my breed.

While I could strip a griffon, I do not have the necessary knowledge on how to show groom your breed (like most groomers!).

You would be better getting as much info and pics as you can from your breeder on how to groom your dog and going to the shows to see how they look and talk to people there about how they groom their dogs, you might even find someone willing to start you off.

Becks thank you so so much. Your advice was the answer!

Because at the moment I can't quite see well enough up close to tell the difference between the new red hairs and the old black hairs, I couldn't strip out the right hairs. I put on a pair of surgicals gloves as we have a box in the boot of the car from a first aid course I did ages ago, and I had a go. Well it was remarkable!

Somehow the hair that had to be pulled out just took well to the rubber and practically fell out so there was no need for me to even look that closely. Henry now has a good patch on his back that is... wait for it... RED ROUGH!! No longer black and fluffy, my little pumpkin has a patch that looks like a real Griffy.

I am thrilled.

The head will be the problem as it hurts him and if I pull the wrong hair it will really kill, so for now I will finish his back and legs and then see if another griff person at a show might help with the head since it is so small anyway!

Anyway thanks to everyone for advice and support, it has been great.

Carrie.