Lure Coursing In Melbourne

I guess if you're wondering if that collie rough is Nats just check to see if its spotless, and um, oh, dogdayz will be the one chasing the lure on her own while number one foster watches her.......  (sorry T  )

A brave comment for someone yet to try her own dog out ;)

I will be the one one with the not so spotless collie rough, a weim who insists on scent marking while chasing the lure, and a foster who will be barking madly in my direction as i will have abandoned him :rainbowbridge:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I know dogdayz.. I am making the most of it now, coz I am fairly sure I will be eating my own words on the evening of the 28th. Might as well make it worthwhile!!! :rainbowbridge: ;)

Sorry though, I really did only mean it in jest. :):)

Nat is yet to smack me for the 'spotless' collie remark. After that I will go off and start planning excuses as to why my dog ran to the fence to say hi to everyone and begged for food, rather than glance in the direction of the lure...... doh

Guest cloverfdch

I am not sure i can make it now :thumbsup:. The Adelaide Royal (Flyball) is coming up and i have not been to training for a while and training is on a Sunday at 12.45PM. I will see what i can do ;).

I know I was supposed to be at the July one and wasn't but we will definately be at this one :thumbsup: I don't think Iko would forgive us if she missed another one lol.

So my mum, myself, Iko the black Kelpie and Caber the Border Terrier will be there ;)

I go there for Tracking training, but will certainly use it for general walking too. It is off lead, not fully fenced but huge. Best avoid the one day a month when the pony club are running around the paddock and cross country course. Oh and obviously the archery section can be a touch unsafe at times :hug: . But plenty of open space. Plenty of dogs get out there - they all seem to keep to themselves, never seen any trouble ones, though one or two maybe not fully under control.

Nat have you seen the offlead forest over Mt Martha way, right on the Nepean highway. All forest, great change form the usual open grass areas, fully fenced. Only problem is parking. I parked off the road on the grass area and got bogged - needed 4WD to tow my ute out. You can i guess park on the side of the highway, but need to take care getting dogs in and out.

Edited by dogdayz

Guest Tess32

Ah. It looks huge on the map but I was concerned about horses as Reilly goes nutty and will probably run at them full charge :hug: When a horse turned up at chelsea park the other week we were very lucky we saw it first! Do you know what day the ponies are there?

Trying to think of the forest thing but can't remember seeing one. Is it far into Mt Martha? The only off leash area I've seen there is where the Mornington school trains I think.

Chelsea is probably our favourite now - dogs love it and it's usually empty on sunday afternoons.

Nat

Look on a map where craigie road intersects nepean highway. On that corner there is The Briars (big green patch). The dog area is as you follow the nepean down at the end of the green patch on the map. Its new or at least only just signposted with big offlead dog park blue sign. All fenced.

I think the horse are there second sunday of each month, but they have their own area at one end which you dont need to go near if you enter at the tennis courts end. baxter that is - no horses at The Briars forest.

Edited by dogdayz

hmmmm, fenced sounds good but heck not sure how long it would take to drive from Melb eastern suburbs. Any idea Nat? How would it compare to that other place we all met at? If its within an hour thats reasonable for us :hug:

(I like the ideas of trees or varied terrain!)

Guest Tess32

It's quite a bit past Chelsea....maybe another 40 mins.

I've heard of the Briars - Dogs were never allowed so must be a new part.

You should come back to Chelsea chezz - on a Sunday there is no sport and we have the entire park mostly to ourselves.

Nat