Lure Coursing In Melbourne

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno this will be my first time too!!

unsure of giving bodie a taste for attacking plastic shopping bags tho .... i think he would still be classes as puppy at 8 months old (even tho he is bigger than my bitch!!), how old is darcy now?

post-9-1119871286.jpg

Guest Tess32

Ooh I might give it a go again.

Chezzy - yep, open to everyone. Reilly is hopeless at it so Rosie would have to be better.

Nat

Ooh I might give it a go again.

Chezzy - yep, open to everyone. Reilly is hopeless at it so Rosie would have to be better.

Nat

Come to think of it I might be dreamin! She doesnt even chase tennis balls :clap: But I have seen her chase pigeons in the backyard :thumbsup:

Love your avatat Tess they are some really nice looking dogs ... even if they arnt borders .. or tollers hehehe

I have this amazing pic of my mums friends rough collie standing on his back legs with his front paws on a bird bath in a big lavender patch in the sun i will have to find my scanned copy and post it

Guest Tess32
Love your avatat Tess they are some really nice looking dogs ... even if they arnt borders .. or tollers hehehe

I have this amazing pic of my mums friends rough collie standing on his back legs with his front paws on a bird bath in a big lavender patch in the sun i will have to find my scanned copy and post it

Thanks :clap: Yeah, post it! :thumbsup: One is still orange like a toller :cheers:

Nat

Guest cloverfdch

Yep we should be there, Clover will definitely be up for it, Elvis on the other hand i am not sure if he will chase the lure, we will see :eek:.

Cmon Jeff you can do it... it would be great to see you there, sending good healing vibes your way.

I've been to the Sydney one twice and my dog is hopeless, however became better the second time and managed to do full runs with another dog (that was extra keen)

If I can give advice to those that never done this before or dogs are hopeless find a dog that does it and send your dog together with a "teacher"

2 hopeless ones make it fun to watch but usually dont end up running LOL

Guest Tess32

Yeah Jeff, how else am I meant to take more photos of Max?

Actually I had some of yours too Ashley but they disappeared into my computer somewhere and never surfaced again!

Nat

Actually I had some of yours too Ashley but they disappeared into my computer somewhere and never surfaced again!

Nat

Just my Luck Nat.

The best photo's of my Dog, and they just Vanish.

Looks like I might have to come down to the Lure Coursing, so you can take a few more.. :eek:

Ash...

sorry I will try

but I just had a total hip replacement

according to the doctors

this is some of the restrictions I have at the moment

Weightbearing: Be sure to discuss weightbearing restrictions with your physician and physical therapist. Their recommendations will depend on the type of implant and other issues specific to your situation. Revision hip surgery (replacing a previously implanted prosthesis) may require an extended period of time without putting weight on the leg.

Uncemented hip replacement: For the first 6 weeks, use crutches and do not put any weight on the leg. Then gradually begin to put weight on the leg, using a cane or walker. By 12 weeks, you can begin weightbearing. This protects the joint and gives the bone time to grow into the porous coating of the implant.

Cemented or hybrid hip replacement: Using a cane or walker, you can put some weight on the leg immediately, but should continue to use an assistive device for 4 to 6 weeks.

Driving: You can begin driving an automatic shift car in 6 to 8 weeks, provided you are no longer taking narcotic pain medication. If you have a stick shift car and your right hip was replaced, do not begin driving until 12 weeks. The physical therapist will show you how to slide in and out of the car safely. Placing a plastic bag on the seat can help.

Sexual relations can be safely resumed 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.

Sleeping positions: Sleep on your back with your legs slightly apart or on your side with a pillow between your knees. Be sure to use the pillow for at least 6 weeks, or until your doctor says you can do without it.

Sitting: For at least the first 3 months, sit only in chairs that have arms. Do not sit on low chairs, low stools, or reclining chairs. Do not cross your legs. The physical therapist will show you how to sit and stand from a chair, keeping your operated leg out in front of you. Get up and move around on a regular basis, at least once every hour.

Going up and down stairs: Stair climbing should be avoided if possible until healing is complete. If you must go up stairs,

The unaffected leg should step up first.

Then bring the affected leg up.

Then bring your crutches or canes up.

To go down stairs, reverse the process.

Put your crutches or canes on the lower step.

Next, bring the affected leg forward.

Finally step down on the unaffected leg.

Return to work: Depending on the type of activities you perform, it may be 3to 6 months before you can return to work.

Other activities: Walk as much as you like once your doctor gives you the go-ahead, but remember that walking is no substitute for your prescribed exercises. Swimming is also recommended; you can begin as soon as the sutures have been removed and the wound is healed, approximately 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. Acceptable activities include dancing, golfing (with spikeless shoes and a cart), and bicycling (on level surfaces). Avoid activities that put stress on the joint such as tennis or badminton, horseback riding, contact sports (football, baseball), squash or racquetball, jumping, badminton, or jogging. Do not do any heavy lifting (more than 40 pounds) or weight lifting.

Do's and Don'ts

Your doctor and physical therapist will provide you with a list of do's and don'ts to remember with your new hip. These precautions are necessary to prevent the new joint from dislocating and to ensure proper healing. Here are some of the most common precautions.

Don't cross your legs for at least 8 weeks.

Don't bring your knee up higher than your hip.

Don't lean forward while sitting or as you sit down.

Don't try to pick up something on the floor while you are sitting.

Don't turn your feet excessively inward or outward.

Do keep the leg facing forward at all times.

Do keep the operated leg in front as you sit or stand.

Don't reach down to pull up blankets when lying in bed.

Don't bend at the waist beyond 90 degrees.

Don't stand pigeon-toed.

Do use a high kitchen or bar stool in the kitchen.

Don't use pain as a guide for what you may or may not do.

Do use ice to reduce pain and swelling, but remember that ice will diminish sensation. Don't apply ice directly to the skin; use an ice pack or wrap it in a damp towel.

Do apply heat before exercising to assist with range of motion. Use a heating pad or hot, damp towel for 15 to 20 minutes.

Do cut back on your exercises if your muscles begin to ache, but don't stop doing them!