• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is most of the email i got from the lovely lure coursing lady:

hi all

Our next Lure Coursing date is Sunday 31st July 2005. It will be held at KKC Park, from 1.30pm - 3.30pm(depending on numbers). Hope to see you all there.

Also Sunday 28th August from 1.30pm - 3.30pm

stuart

The entrance to KCC park is on melways 128 J12. Follow the entrance road to the gravel area on the south side of the main building. The lure coursing is held in the fenced off area to the south.

Due to recent changes in VCA insurance requirements, we would like to advise that:

a) If you are a VCA Member, you need to bring your current membership card to show as proof of membership, or

b) If you are a current member of a dog/obedience club that has already charged you the VCA fee as part of your current membership costs, you need to bring your current membership card of that club to show as proof of membership, or

c) If you are not a VCA Member, or you do not bring your current VCA membership card, you will be asked to pay a $6.50 fee to be covered as a VCA Companion Member before being able to participate (Note: This fee is an annual fee that covers you for subsequent events for the year).

Pout i may not be able to come, We had a trial meeting friday night for 3 hours, I went herding yesterday and was away most of the day and have obedience today lol hubby is asking "who are you again??"

yes Helen they usually do run on there own with the r.r club unless you want them to run with a friend

I will be having a go at driving later on in the week if it works I will be there to

Edited by jeff

I will be definately there. Both my dogs love lure coursing. When Josh first did it, he just stood there and looked dumb. They said let him watch, and then have another go. He had another go and absolutely loves it.

So if anyone want to run with Josh let me know. If you have a puppy you do the same run but they make the lure slower and you don't have as much time. I am going to the Winterfest at Emerald before this, which is on at 12.00pm I think and has 16 events in one hour, we are trying for best trick again. I will be in a red station wagon. My nick name is Jules, so you don't need to call me toilet duck. LOL ;) Cannot wait!!!!

Well, I am going to try and get there with my 15 mo smooth Collie who has never done lure coursing before. She might need an old hand to show her the ropes (though she would probably chase the dog rather than the lure - or run in the opposite direction LOL)

Also, do they use the WHOLE of the off lead area for the lure coursing, or have a section fenced off. Just wondering if there will be any chance of off lead socializing, or no??????

lol im racking my brain to try and go sunday, we have our monthly tracking check up at club at 7.30, lol Hubby accuses me of never being home at the moment.... we will have to see how much grovelling i have to do ;)

Guest cloverfdch

It would be great to see you there Sam :cry:. We are realy going to try and make it.

Bart: "What's Santa's Little Helper doing to that dog? Looks like he's trying to jump over, but he can't quite make it ... come on boy you can do it!"

I love that episode of the Simpsons ;). Poor Chester he cannot help it :).

Oh, what a shame, I am working on both Lure Coursing Sundays!! And I was so hoping to go! I might swap my shift for the second Lure Coursing date.

I start work at 3.30pm on Sundays (every second Sunday), so I would have to leave at 2.30pm and if they start late, well Jyra might not get a run and it would be very stressful having to leave and get home in time for work.

I am disappointed that I can't make it, :) but maybe I'll get to the next one in August.

Guest cloverfdch

Well done Jeff :).

Purple Julie, that is a shame, hopefully you can organise something so you can come in August.

Looks like we will miss this one :) we have tracking early sunday we go once a month for the club to check our progress.. also if im going to the herding trial on the 7th or 8th i need some credit with the hubby!!! but i hope to make the august one!!!

Hopefully Josh & moses will be coming then too to show us how its done!! maybe we could have a DOL run or two hehehe Bodie and Rosie certainly love to run together :)

Theres about six different places we want to be on Sunday, we will just have to see what happens! Will have a better idea nearer to the weekend and when we know the weather situation LOL.

I think Rosie just enjoys happy loony dogs, doesnt matter what breed either :rolleyes:

Ohhhh Moses is one gorgeous doggy :confused:

Guest cloverfdch

Unfortunatly we will not be able to make it, on Monday Mum became ill and now i have got it (Lovely chest infection, feeling like :)). I hope everyone has fun and that some people can get some photos.

We will definately be there on the 28th of August.

:)

Edited by cloverfdch