Oooooooouuuuuuuuccccccccccchhhhhh

Bella I think ran over something like a can or glass. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow morning but if anyone has anything they can tell me....... One of her front claws is sliced in three peices and a red knob that I am assuming is the 'quick' (Sp?) is fully exposed. I am doing salt baths but just had to say OUCH. I am assuming that the nail may have to be cut right back but I am concerned about how long it will be tender for. Don't you hate people who litter. She was sprinting after her beloved ball :clap:

I agree, oouucchhhh. :clap:

And it can take a long time for injuries of that nature on legs and feet to heal.

Poor sweet heart, fingers crossed that it looks worse than it is and that she will be back to chasing her ball quickly. :fetch:

ooops, forgot to add that i had a similar injury on a cat ( not quite the same I know) we opted to amputate the toe as the vet thought that it would more than likely be more successful and quicker to heal than attempting to stitch the foot. His main reasoning was that we didn't know how it happened and was not sure what the wound had been exposed to eg a clean glass cut or a dirty tin fence.

Edited by Warley

Thanks, she will be inside on a blanket then off to the vets first thing. The nail is not retrievable, needs to be cut back so it doesn't catch. I will bandage it as well. I hope it won't take too long before it isn't painful............. I REALLY hate litter people.

I have tried, she yelps with anything over it. I am just going to keep her in the laundry tonight on clean bedding until I get her to the vet in the morning. She is a very stoic kind on girl but won't tolerate anything on it. Thanks for all the advice, It just makes me sick to the stomach knowing she is in pain. Might give her one of Milly's valium for the night to at least relax her....

Thanks Anne, I am o.k. without a valium c/o 1 year old child - sleep is never a problem for me! But seriously, it is hard she bumps it while walking and yelps etc. I think in a contained space, soft bed she will be fine until the vets and then the healing process. Just hope it doesn't take too long as she needs to run free.

Guest cloverfdch

Aww poor Bella, fell better soon sweety :clap:. Please let us know how you get on at the vets.

Big OUCH. Bella had the claw removed under sedation. Has a bandage for two days and is currently recuperating on a doona. I am told she will be able to run around in a few days. Can't quite picture it myself, but hopefully now the claw is off, everything underneath toughens up a bit and feels better soon. Thanks for all the support :eek:

Ooouuch alright. Tyler has done this TWICE :hitself: She has exceptionally long nail beds, and has ribbed the nail off twice down to the quick. Each time she was bandaged for at least a week. Watch they don't take the bandage off too early, as it may start to bleed again if she knocks it before it has healed enough. This happened last time Tyler pulled her nail off, and she had to be re-bandaged. Hugs to Bella :eek: :rolleyes: