Fruit And Dogs - What Fruits Are Ok To Try?

Mine eat all kinds of fruit...All that has been mentioned so far....They raid all the fruit trees.... Oranges are good for Vitamin C....Grapes and sultanas are toxic to dog's when eaten in large quantities, & onions are toxic. :)

My Rotti will eat anything. Her fav is a banana! Caution on whole fruits as many such as apples, apricots, tomatoes etc have poisonous parts, usually the seeds, leaves, stems etc.

I fed my dogs a BARF diet so most days they get a cup of pureed fresh fruit and vegies.

I do not stress about what is bad and good for them because like with us if we didn't eat things the so called experts told us not to we would miss out on heaps, i think its all about moderation. The only thing they never ever get is onions.

I have lots of fruit trees in my yard and their favouite self serve is Loquats and Guavas (sorry about the spelling) they get every bit of fruit within doggie reach. They even take the occasional lemon, mostly its out of jealosy because they look a bit like tennis balls.

Lisa

BTW, I live in Coffs Harbour so everybody loves Bananas, dogs, horses and humans. :)