Dog Losing His Marbles?

Symptoms of Doggie Dementia, aka DISH:

Disorientation: dog seems confused, doesn’t always seem to know where it is.

Interactions: decreased or altered responsiveness to family members.

Sleep: dog’s normal sleeping pattern changes.

Housetraining: dog loses its housetraining habits.

This was Abby.

Kitkat, my old girl will dig out of any yard I put her in, so she can be where she wants to be, in our front yard and then onto the lounge at night, maybe he is just happier in the frontyard, I suppose you can not leave him in there? Does your young boy harress him?

maybe he is just happier in the frontyard,

It's probably the case...have no idea why tho as there are no toys, no bed, generally no water (I have a bucket out there now just in case), no nothing.

I suppose you can not leave him in there?

Unfortunately i can't...because he's been getting cranky lately he tends to bark and carry on at anyone going past...school kids, cyclists, people walking etc etc. He never used to except for dogs walking past...everything else he used to ignore except if people looked as if they were going to enter the yard. Also Council requires 'free and unobstructed' access to the front door...and the Cuoncil have had a higher presence in our street lately due to a few wandering dog complaints.

Does your young boy harress him?

Harm actually has Bronx quite well trained...as soon as Harm says 'no' the games stop or if the game hadn't started and Bronx wants to start one and gets a 'no' from Harm the pup goes and sleeps or starts playing with one of his toys. Harm will generally start the games with Bronx more so then the other way around anyway. Occasonally i'll watch them from a back window so i know that Bronx realises 'no means no' as i've seen it a few times lol.

Harm will also do the digging and trying to get into the front yard thing no matter if Bronx is there or not...just doesn't do it when i'm home.

My girl digs out when we are not home too and is as happy a pig in mud then too, lol.

I don't think it is a boredom thing or similar, I think it has something to do with where they enjoy being. Knew someone that kept a young pup in a compound down the middle of the backyard and couldn't work out why the pup cried and barked all night, hello!! then they got one of those running lines, something I would never have suggested for apuppy, tethered her to the veranda where she could smell and hear her humans through the night and she barked no more.

Your boy could be getting cranky in the frontyard as he is overguarding his new boundry.

Legally you have to keep him around the back by the sounds of it, but I dont' think it is a mental illness creeping in.

I wish you luck, you should see the big logged I had drag up from the bush this morning so the Mrs couldn't get out while we are at work adn then have her young friend bark and cry because she is lonely and wants to be with her.

dogs!