Too Many Bones ?

booboo

Guest LittlePixie

Er... in her dog... not in herself.... :cry:

Either way, yes, it was charming... nothing showed up for days, and then after an extremely embarrassing TEN MINUTE trip to the chemist for an enema kit, she comes home to find.... poos :(

Minnie has a wonderful sense of humour :)

Edited by LittlePixie

I was wondering about this before when Tramissa mentioned it - how on earth do you give a dog an enema with a home enema kit?

Mine will barely stay still long enough to have their anal glands squeezed (yuuuuuuurrrrrkkk) without slooshing water up their bums...?

Oh yes, I'm so impressed with her atm.

And then from one extreme to another *sigh*

She needs to get her tummy sorted out. We're going to start small to introduce bones now :cry:

Mana,

The plan was for Pix to hold the front end while I did the back end work. I was trying to convince Pix to swap, but she wouldn't....wonder why :(

Funny, I usually seem to get "back end" duties too. Whether it's squeezing, examining, washing or anything really...

And when I was honorary sharer of a dog in a house I was living in I got the back end too. Not that there was anything wrong with the back end but it would have been nice to claim ownership of her frontquarters occasionally...

Guest LittlePixie

It's HER dog! Of course she gets back end duties!!

Although as the other three in this house are mine (that includes foster), odds are good that I will be relegated to "back end" duty on one of them at one point or another :cry:

Hmmm Maybe it was the fattyness that causes upsets. Marrow is packed full of fat especially in food quality animals so it probably is too rich for a pup. I still dont understand why people cut them in half, I like to make Mina work for her snack. Keeps her quiet all night and keeps her chewing longer, plus i'm worried about splinters of bone in her gums (some butchers dont do a very good job).

Mina gets bones every day - lamb flaps, marrow bones, necks, roo tails

No problems. If you can get big beef ribs/spine and lamb necks. Less fat. I find chicken necks get swallowed instead of chewed but mine practically swallows anything smaller then her head :cry: