Xia Is A Sheep Dog

Well being a total novice I can't add much that is informative, but I just want to say here how much I am enjoying reading this thread. It's giving me a lot to think about and also it's motivating - looking forward to seeing how Xia does (and how I do!!) when we do more sheep work and can train properly. That isn't going to happen until I submit my thesis, but that's only a couple of months away (which is very scary in itself).

BTW here are a couple of pics of what Xia has to put up with in her day to day life. The hard life of a working dog eh? Better not show the coat to the "grumpy old men" - I'd be banned for life!

XiaSleepsBesideMeAug05.jpg

XiaSleepsOnMeAug05.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloverfdch
I also meant to add that sometimes I think its better to start out in a new sport with a dog that's not super-talented...

:rofl: I have been told (By a few non competitive dog friends) that Elvis is too much dog for me, that i would have been better off with a show bred as my first full BC (Have had BC xs in the past). I think i have done an ok job with him, he is quite obedient and is an awsome Flyball dog. I will always have a working or trial bred dog in my life :eek:.

I too have enjoyed this thread, i have learnt a few things, and have enjoyed all the "First time" stories :p.

Love the photos of Xia, very cute.