Barf Food Order

Big Dog Petfoods

Products:

THE EDGE Cost $4.60 per 2kg bag.

A highly nutritious formula designed for the racing greyhound and fed in combination with "kibble" as part of the dogs diet. This formula with its "All Natural" raw ingredients boasts excellent levels of "Vitamins, Minerals and Essential Fatty Acids." Because this diet also contains "Crushed Bone," your dogs will receive a good level of "Natural Calcium," so there is no requirement to feed a "Calcuim" supplement with this diet.

The contents of the "Edge" are - Meat (Roo, Beef), Crushed Brisket Bone, Crushed Vegies (Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, Spinach and Garlic), Beef Fat, Beef Liver and Eggs. The following "Powders" are also added to the diet - Flaxseed, Alfalfa and Kelp Powder. The "fat" percentage of this diet is currently at 12% this will increase in winter to 15%. Note: This product must be frozen, after 3 days (because of the crushed bone content).

WEANER - Cost $4.60 per 2kg bag

A very convenient, highly nutritious formula, very similar to "The Edge", but is fed as an all-in-one diet: therefore you DO NOT feed "kibble" with this product. The diet is designed for the trainers who do not wish to feed "kibble" as part of the greyhounds racing diet.

This formula with its "All Natural" raw ingredients boasts excellent levels of "Vitamins, Minerals and Essential Fatty Acids." Because this diet also contains "Crushed Bone," your dogs will receive a good level of "Natural Calcium," so there is no requirement to feed a "Calcium" supplement with this diet.

"Weaner" is a high-energy racing diet (27% fat), therefore it is advised that you monitor your dogs weight regularly, and especially when this diet is initially introduced. As a guide you can initially start feeding your greyhound at the following amounts - 20gms of Weaner for every 1kg of dog. This should be used as a "guide" only, as there will be differences between each individual dog. This is simply because each dog has a different metabolism, and this will determine their requirements. DO NOT feed any other meat, kibble, rice, etc.

The content of "Weaner" is - Meat (Roo, Beef), Crushed Brisket Bone, Crushed Vegies (Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, Spinach and Garlic), Beef Fat.

The following "Powders" are also added to the diet - Flaxseed, Alfalfa and Kelp Powder. Note: This product must be frozen, after 3 days (because of the crushed bone content).

BREEDERS CHOICE - Cost $2.00 per 2kg bag.

This diet is designed specifically for "Puppies". "Breeders Choice", provides excellent levels of "Natural Vitamins, Minerals, and Essential Fatty Acids," for active, growing puppies.

The diet consists of - Crushed Chicken, Crushed Fruit and Vegies, Beef Offal, Meat Trimmings (Kangaroo or Beef), Garlic. The following "Powders" are also added to the diet - Flaxseed, Alfalfa and Kelp Powder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery fee for this company is $16 no matter the size of the order. KitKat and I would be looking to make another order soon and thought there may be some other people on the southside who may like to share the delivery cost?

PM me if interested.

Edited by molasseslass

Well...for my opinion....the food is great!!! the dogs looooove it and it's got everything i need in it for them (and for less then i could make it) :worship: I still give the boys some meaty bones (most meals) etc but mostly just for crunch value :worship:

ETA - I use the Breeders Choice and The Edge for my two large breed dogs :thumbsup:

Edited by KitKat

I believe their email crapped itself...perhaps too many dol'ers placing orders? lol...but either way none of the emails made it thru to them...might be worth emailing them again or placing an order with ML's one if you are after some?

• 2 weeks later...

A big thanks to ML for organising this and doing the pick up ;)

I reorganised my chest freezer to fit what ML was able to get and found some bits and peices of turkey and roo that had been lost to the freezer for the last little while..lol. So for all i have frozen hands i found a few things the boys will be interested in getting their jaws around :laugh: so..So thanks to ML on two counts :hug:

Oh I'm interested in this one!! When is the delivery happening? Is it too late to order??

Biggest issue for me - is the stuff pre frozen?

I hate it when companies offer good cheap meat deals but the meat is frozen, so it's useless to me feeding only one dog and needing to split the portions

Another order may be arranged in the non too distant future as there was a hiccup with this order.

Generally it is prefrozen in 2kg bags...but it can depend on when the order is arranged for pick up as the first order ML got was unfrozen. As long as you didn't let it defrost too much i wouldn't think there would be a problem with splitting up the 2kg's as soon as it was possible to do so. Say..let it defrost for a bit then scrap off the ends and stick the frozen middle back in the freezer?

Mel - I collected the order today, but there was a mix-up so our full order was not available. This means we will be doing another order in about 2-3 weeks.

It does usually come frozen, but it's in 2kg lots. You feed about 20g per kilogram (for the Weaner stuff) so 600g for a 30kg meaning you get about 3 days per bag. This lasts fine in the fridge without going off and if you get the next bag out at the same time it is defrosted in 3 days time when you need to portion it up again.

I will post again when we are about to do the next order. :hug:

Definetely make sure you phone them if you haven't had reply. We have delt with Chris for a couple of years now geting the BARF patties and he can be a little slack with the email but the product is worth it and the girls LOVE it.

A little secret, he does a drop of at Greenbank I think of a Tues afternoon, find out about it, can save the drive.

Belnel