Lure Coursing Melbourne 28th Aug

Guest Tess32

It was, but I was excited and the camera jiggled a lot, so I have less than perfect piccies..hehe.

At least I have proof though..hehe.

Nat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone has pics of Reilly I'd really appreciate seeing them too, as I was too excited to take proper pics..hehe.

Nat

Nat: I got a couple of excellent shots of Reilly but havent even downloaded images yet :laugh: Reilly did so well, so did Keiffie!! I dont think its Rosie's cup of tea so not sure we would go next time. I feel like a bad Mummy taking her today :D

We were there, but didn't know anyone. George had no clue at all, but enjoyed the run.

I was just happy that he was calm and cheerful - it was his first doggie outing since we tried to go to obedience club.

Lots of lovely friendly people. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Chezzy you are SO not a bad mummy. We wont have any of that talk ok? I saw the way Rosie started last time it was on - she was red hot until she hit the wire and I think she scared herself. She obviously remembered it this time, thats all. She was her normal gorgeous social self outside the lure area - having a ball chatting to all her 'fans' :D She had a great time, but she's a very smart dog - it may take a while for her to get back into it, if ever, because of the fright she gave herself last time. Shame, but nothing to do with your mothering skills ok?. :laugh:

Well I think a great day was had by all that were there

When the group shot was taken I counted 18 DOL members there

so beat that Sydney and Brisbane

:laugh: :D :D

edit for

georges family which one were you ??

Edited by jeff

Hmm I need to work out how to put up an avatar.

George looks like a hairy brindle greyhound. We think there is a bit of wolfhound in there. On his first run we thought he had the idea - he did take off in the direction of the lure, then he just hooned around abit. On his second run, he ran in the opposite direction. Oh, well. :laugh:

I did see a lovely Pharoah Hound!

And Tollers

And Collies

And Greyhounds

And a VERY VERY keen Dalmation.

When's the next one?

I still can't get over how good Jyra was with other dogs!!

Who did she talk to:

Rosie (Chezzyr's dog) - got along fine

Ashley's dog - no problems

Caber (Spike's puppy's dog) - did not like

Reilly (Nat's dog) - okay for a while

Max (Jeff's dog) - fine

Indy - only short interactions, no problems

Al - fine

Smithy (?name, Basenji dog) - okay, but not great, BUT Jyra didn't react one time when he growled at Jyra!!

Woohoo! I am very happy with Jyra's behaviour, VERY GOOD!

I am soooooo sorry for Al getting out of control at the end and harrassing Rosie :laugh: It was really silly of me to let him off without seeing how he was first. Hope she's ok.

Other than that, I had a ball! Indi and Al both loved it and can't wait to do it again! It was great to meet everyone and their dogs too.

I was sort of talking to you too when you were talking to the ladies with the greyhounds near the gate? I was with the muzzled brindle greyhound behind them. He looks like a lovely dog :laugh:

This was my first (well Todd's) go at lure coursing and it was a hoot. It was great to be doing something with the dogs that wasn't competitive (that I know of) and just fun, fun, fun, for them.

It was really good to to meet the few DOL'ers that I did and hopefully I'll meet the rest next time.