Yohurt/tuna

chicko

Any sort of all natural yoghurt will be fine. I usually give my lot a spoonful of the Vaalia stuff I eat.

As for Tuna I don't feed it (I feed sardines) but the ones in olive oil are good too. The oil is great for thier coats. :kissbetter:

:kissbetter: this was the exact combo of food that Harvey had for breakfast this morning.. yoghurt and tuna, ewww for me but he LOVES it!

I use the pauls natural yoghurt - thats what i have at the moment i think.

Tuna, just the cheap brands of it in oil or spring water. Sardines is another one i buy, again just one of the cheaper brands but i get one minus salt and he sometimes gets mackeral too - whatever i pick up at the shop really. These tins always come in handy if i forget to defrost BARF.

Edited by katetk

I don't feed yoghurt often but when I do I use a plain flavour, one that mentions acidophilus and all the other goodies I can't name right now!

For tuna I buy the big Woolies home brand one, usually in oil. I also buy the Woolies homebrand sardines in oil in case I only want to feed them a little bit of fish.

I make my own yoghurt (Greek style and natural) - heaps cheaper and yummy. They boys get it maybe twice a week if I haven't used it all up :)

As for tuna, either in springwater or oil, or salmon, or mackerel - doesnt' really matter. I put a tin when I make up their barf patties, and they get one each a day for their little lunch. I don't hear them complaining! :kissbetter:

I make my own yoghurt (Greek style and natural) - heaps cheaper and yummy. They boys get it maybe twice a week if I haven't used it all up :rofl:

Hey - this is clever! How do you make it?

My dogs decided that Tuna wasnt for them, neither was sardines - so now the only fish they will eat is salmon!

I give them natural yoghurt (only sometimes as Kirra ends up with it all the way from the top of her head to her tail :kissbetter: So, only on bath days :) )

Jen

Guest Pandii

I use yoghurt with the live cultures acidophilus

normally just natural yoghurt but sometimes they get what the kids have left of flavoured yoghurt

I buy Home brand sardines in oil, or tuna in oil for them

Every now and then they get fish straightfrom the river.

I feed mine some every day, sometimes none others heaps, it ought to pends what happening that day

Do you mean feeding the tuna or the yoghurt everyday?

Or both?

I personally dont feed this everyday (fish that is) it just wouldn't be blanced IMO.

Yoghurt, i generally buy Harvey his own tub (as i can't stand natural yoghurt), just a small one and a dollop of it goes onto his barf mix or fish whatever he is having for the day.. if i dont have it in the fridge he doesn't have it...mmm not much help am i ...

*still on my first coffee :crazy: *

No, I would not feed it every day. Too much tuna can deplete Vit E (particularly in cats, but I would also use caution with dogs). Fish one or two times a week is what I would suggest. Instead of feeding tuna all the time I would also suggest rotating it with things like Sardines, Mackeral and/or Salmon which are generally better choices in the oily fish varieties.

JW - get the Easiyo kit from the supermarket, costs about $20 for the starter kit and then the powder packets are around $3 ea. So simple even I don't have to read the destructions :crazy:

Truth be told, you don't really need the kit, but a 1L jar and a thermos that can hold it. It's suggested to let the culture mature for about 8-9 hours, but I do mine for about 24 to make it really thick set. Yumbo.

90% of the yoghurts you can buy now are diet or low fat and that gives me the irrits - they don't taste nearly as good. I reckon the best ever bought yoghurt is the Greek Style (Paul's or Peters?) and the Bornhoffen Acidophilus from Caboolture. Can't get it here :(

JW - get the Easiyo kit from the supermarket, costs about $20 for the starter kit and then the powder packets are around $3 ea. So simple even I don't have to read the destructions :crazy:

Truth be told, you don't really need the kit, but a 1L jar and a thermos that can hold it. It's suggested to let the culture mature for about 8-9 hours, but I do mine for about 24 to make it really thick set. Yumbo.

90% of the yoghurts you can buy now are diet or low fat and that gives me the irrits - they don't taste nearly as good. I reckon the best ever bought yoghurt is the Greek Style (Paul's or Peters?) and the Bornhoffen Acidophilus from Caboolture. Can't get it here :(

Thanks Caffiend42! Im going to do it!

Jen