Joey Getting Desexed Today!

Anyway we dropped Joey off at vets this morn at 8.30am, and they gave him his pre med with us there...which was nice....

They going to repair his umblical hernia and do his microchip tattoo in his ear at the same time.

I t was wierd,, as i was holding him before i left, i got all emotional and teary :(

i felt for him ,, as we have only had him for short time and now i've left him with stangers :crazy:

been told i can pick him up between 4 and 5pm, going to seem like a long day , waiting for him!!

Tell me about it! I know how you feel. Our girls went in at the same time a couple of months ago for desexing and microchipping and I was a nervous wreck :)

They both came out of it extremely well and Lily in particular was jumping all over me when I picked them up like she had spent the day at the spa instead of the vets :crazy: Lulu on the other hand was ignoring me as she also had some baby teeth that had to be pulled so she was even more sore than just the operation ;)

Within 24 hours they were back to their old selves - zooming around the house.

Sending my thoughts to both you and Joey :(

Ange

All the best for today, I'm sure Joey will be fine. I think it's normal to be anxious when they go under anaesthetic. Luckily my vet is very tolerant of my obsessiveness. He is used to me by now, but still has a little chuckle & tells me to ring as often as I want.

thankyou guys for listening to me atm... :(

there's prob thousands of dogs being done around the country today as well, hes not the only one and you guys have been through it all too :) ,well ur dogs have :crazy:

I'm sure i was told it was a microchip tattoo he was getting in his ear? he's been microchiped already, where u said..now im confused lol

my jenna has a desexing tattoo in her ear, so you could be right!! ;)

Willl ring soon and see how hes going!!

julie-annexx

good luck today, i know how you feel.

it's good when it is all over.

my little girl still has her stitches in

(desexed last thurs) and she is

just fine. doesnt stop the worrying

though does it.

they can all react quite differently to the

surgery so give lots of cuddles and

it will all be over soon!

Hi guys,

very sweet of u guys to be thinking of us, that touches me! :thumbsup:

so ive picked him up,, hes feeling very sorry for himself and as i'm typing away hes lying next to me all shaky......on my bed..ive got the heater on.....

they gave me a instruction sheet....

aparently his hernia was very large,, so will take time to heal and so will my pocket LOL

he had a bit of a ear infection as well.,in both ears....vet said prob just allergy..and given us some drops to put in for 2 weeks.....

got to take him back later to have stitches out........

Hes very drowsy atm, vet said he had a longer op that originally planned so will take some time before he's alert....

oh hes had two tattoos,one for the desexing and one for the micro chip id....

well ring up his breeder tonight, she will be pleased to hear that hes ok!!..

juloie-annexx

when i got Kaos desexed i worried all day, she was the first famale dog i have owned, so the first i have had desexed. My boss almost sent me home from work!

When i when to pick her up they said she had spent most of the day cuddleing up with the nurses and vets when they were on their lunch breaks!

She was so happy, i had to crate her to keep her from playing to rough with Atlas :thumbsup:

Glad you pup is ok :)

Sorry to hijack - Can you get a tattoo for microchiping? Kaos got a tat for being desexed, i didnt know you could get one for the microchip. Would make it easier for the RSPCA to find it if they have a tat?

Hi and thanks terrorbull :)

microchip tattoing is not that common yet, i dont think, but some vets are doing the microchip tattoing for owners who have had their dogs microchipped, in thier ears, its a m symbol....

i didn't know about it, till the breeder told me...

so yes, hes got one for desexing and one for the microchip.

i was reading a link before which was really horrible, where unscrupulous people will do shocking things to a dog to get rid of a id, if they want to sell it!! wont go into detail,its very sick!! :thumbsup: