Natrual Insect Repelants

Flea Free - contains vinegar, garlic, anti-parasitic herbs - add to food and water and allow 3-6 wks for it to work. Repels all biting insects.

Adding garlic to the diet every other day may also help.

There is a herbal pet spray available containing aloe vera, herbal extracts, macadamia oil, witch hazel, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, lemongrass oil and fennel oil only. No pyrethrum or tea tree.

PM me if you would like more information or email me at [email protected]

Well the ones i listed - you don't mix them with anything. The idea is to grow them and the dog just nibbles or sniffs the plant to gain the benefit. It's a bit more of a long term solution, but if you do a search on dog-friendly gardens, I'm sure you'll find heaps of info. :rofl:

I boiled the mint, lemongrass and lavender in water and then let it sit for 24 hrs in the fridge before straining into a spray bottle. Don't know how long it would keep. The stuff I had worked well, but it's now been sitting in the fridge through winter so I'll be making some new stuff i guess.

I use Garlic in their food. Once a week just half a teaspoon.

Eucalytpus oil is great for fleas. Just a dab or two on their skin. Or on their collars.

If you can get a shampoo that has eucalytpus in the wash, even better still.

Spray their kennels and blankets with a mixture of Eucalytpus Oil and water in a spray bottle. How much euccy depends on how bad the situation is. I usually use a splash of euccy and half fill with water in a spray bottle.

Eucalytpus Oil in a burner keeps them away from the house and makes for a nice smell too.

Havent seen fleas for yonks.

Cool... thanks guys :D

I've actually never had a problem with fleas... we just don't seem to be bothered here and I wouldn't have known Asher was allergic to them if we hadn't had the intradermal testing done to find out everything he was allergic too (poor boy is chockers!)... but I don't want him to get bitten knowing that he is severely allergic to them!

Does the Eucalyptus work for flies and stuff too?

Dan

Does the Eucalyptus work for flies and stuff too?

Not really sure on that. I do clean my windows with a bit of eccuy and I havent had the odd dead flies on the sill. I just like having the smell in the house.

I do get them inside the house, but usually they a followed by me with the fly spray. I hate them more than anything else. :D