Dog Wash

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum stuff and I was wanting some opions on dog washes.

I am interested in purchasing a dog wash which is a little like "car lovers" but for dogs.

I take my Shepherd there each fortnight and find it great because you can make a mess washing him and leave it there for the shop to clean up.

It only costs $10 or less for smaller dogs and I'm interested to hear from all types of dog owners if this is something they would use.

The system has a stainless steel trough that you put the dog in and the front electrically moves up to stop your dog from jumping out. There is also a spot to place to attach their lead.

You put your money in the slot and have 7 options to select from including rinse, shampoo, flea rinse, vacuum (to suck the excess water from their coat), blow dry and finally a dog friendly fragrance.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Casper's Mum :rofl:

i think its a great idea i used to go to one similar in hallam when i loved in hampton park.. vic..... i usually bath dogs at home but everynow and then a hydro bath is great for them ... i had a shih tzu x and a border collie then and they both loved it... good luck in your buisness venture id love to do something like that....where abouts are u vic???? id come visit... lol

There is one near me. When they first started it did really well as it's just around the corner from a doggy beach. It used to always look clean and tidy, however recently seems to have gone downhill. I dont go there anymore as they dont clean the booths out in between washes, there is always a build up of crud by the end of the day on the bath floor. Plus I have my own hydrobath.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wagsalot, Carlovers is a car wash system in Victoria.

Basically you place you money in the slot and have a number of different items to select. You do wash the dog yourself (there is a spray arm, along with a vacuum and dryer) however the mess stays behind at the dog wash.

Hope this makes more sense, if not let me know. :rofl:

Where about are you based Dru? In Victoria? I would ensure all bays are cleaned and disenfected between each wash. I have seen some that are made inside an actual car wash and are not attended which we didn't like the idea of. This one is actually in a shop and therefore has the added bonus of offering lots of other associated dogs products, treats, food etc.

Lablover1, the one we are actually looking into is the same as the one in Hallam but in the Ferntree Gully area. Glad to see you like the Hallam one.

I'll let you know how we go... :rofl:

Thanks for that Caspers Mum. If you said it was a automatic one Id say I wouldnt use it, but one like you described I think are great ideas.

If I didnt own a hydrobath Id use one for sure.

Although it might put me out of business :rofl:

Where about are you based Dru? In Victoria?

In Sydney. It's also a pet supplies place, and does grooming aswell.

It was great when it started. The dogs got their own photo ID card, and ever 6th wash was free.

In Sydney. It's also a pet supplies place, and does grooming aswell.  It was great when it started. The dogs got their own photo ID card, and ever 6th wash was free.

I believe that dog wash is also for sale. It's called Scruba Dog and based near Northern beaches?

Interesting to hear that it went down hill. What were the major problems?

I think they are great ideas. Not sure if there's much money to be made though. But it's great for the consumer cause it's cheap and there's no mess.

But I would be causious with taking my dog to one. Cause I doubt they wash them clean them between every dog wash, and that just makes it a great place for all pathogens to breed.

But if they were cleaned properly and the place looked clean then I would use them. We used to have one here in Penrith but not sure what happened to it, think it was next to Coreen ave vet clinic?

I actually wash one of my dogs at the one in Ferntree Gully, as he sheds alot, and I like the blow dry and the extraction fan above each bath (although they look as though they're hardly ever cleaned (the fans) :o ).

I also buy Eagle Pack from there.

It's a very busy place on a weekend and sometimes there is a short wait until a wash bay becomes available.

The only things I would change is the hoses, the water pressure is to hard, the actual rose or head needs to be wider I think, as it's hard to wet the dog right down due to the high water force that is concentrated out of a small opening, so it tends to rebound a bit and you end up getting just as wet as the dog! Also it's like a hose trigger so you end up with an aching hand after a while. :o Oh and the drainage isn't great as they come out with wet paws still!

If the figures were good and I was looking for a business I would certainly consider it, it may be almost in Upper Gully, but it's very popular, I hydrobath all my dogs, the Staffy is the smallest and is too big for the trough, and it kills my back leaning over the bath!

Mel.

:laugh:

Edited by StaffordsRule

Where about are you based Dru? In Victoria? I would ensure all bays are cleaned and disenfected between each wash. I have seen some that are made inside an actual car wash and are not attended which we didn't like the idea of. This one is actually in a shop and therefore has the added bonus of offering lots of other associated dogs products, treats, food etc.

Lablover1, the one we are actually looking into is the same as the one in Hallam but in the Ferntree Gully area. Glad to see you like the Hallam one.

I'll let you know how we go... :laugh:

cool keep us updated if u do go in to in ill come visit one day a bit of a hike for me but i dont mind the drive...lol

It sounds like a good concept and at a reasonable price.

Although, I think the service would be great for long-haired dogs, or dogs with extra maintenance requirements. For short-coated dogs, there's nothing wrong with two buckets of warm water, a sponge and some shampoo!

We had a similar - although nowhere near as advanced - service where we used to live. The service involved a plastic bath tub, a small showerhead and you had to supply your own shampoo. Drying was extra and it cost $3.