The Give Me Space Jacket

sas

They have them where I go and they are really helpful. It reinforces everyone's attention and consideration towards what their own dog is doing and others.

Nat

Lol @ haven. :(

A set of these jackets might be a good investment for any obedience school. You could hand them out to people with reactive dogs at the start of class, and caution the other owners to be especially sure to keep their dogs under control round the dogs with the jackets?

Lol @ haven. :(

A set of these jackets might be a good investment for any obedience school. You could hand them out to people with reactive dogs at the start of class, and caution the other owners to be especially sure to keep their dogs under control round the dogs with the jackets?

That's what happens at my club :eek: And it certainly works well.

Nat

my club is run by volunteers so maybe a donation may be good, I notice time and time again at the club handlers being very aware of their surroundings but then people just invading their space as they can't always see the colour collar that represents "keep your distance".

At ADT we have the lead system and believe me, these fluro orange leads are pretty hard to miss for anyone with eyes.

Incidents still occur though, because some people are careless, complacent, sometimes outright negligent and just don't abide by the rules of the system.

So I think they are a good idea in theory, but like any tool only as good as the person using it.

Yep that's right, not only do people at the club need to keep their distance, the handler also needs to be taught how to keep their dog and the dogs around them (plus people of course) safe.

The problem I found the hardest to control is when training had finished and you had 100 dogs decending on the car park and trying to still keep your distance and find a nice spacey area to wait it out if you get caught in the rush.