Mabel

Dublin

My gorgeous Mabel died on saturday morn after being felled by tick paralysis on wednesday. She was such a devoted friend to my Dublin, and I loved her so much. We miss her and will never forget her. I'll see you again one day my beautiful girl. :laugh:

She was fine on Wed morn when I checked her before work, but I came home that afternoon to find her very weak in the back legs. She had picked up 3 ticks that day, despite being treated just the night before (her regular fortnightly dose of spot on). It had appeared that she had turned the corner on Friday night, but the vet phoned me at 8am Sat to say her heart had failed. I am devastated as is Dublin.

:laugh: sorry to hear about Mabel, do you have any piccies you could share with us?

When I was vet nursing on the central coast at tick central, some we saved who seemed lost, and others pulled through when all hope was gone, its so cruel, and such a shock to lose your beloved dog so suddenly this way. :)

I've learned today of two others who didn't make it either, please be kind to yourself, and know that you all tried your best to save her.

hugs from

fifi & hounds

:rofl::thumbsup: So sorry to hear about Mabel. What I have read about this tick is terrible, fortunately it is one thing we do not have to contend with where I live.

:) to you and Dublin, and may Mabel find all wonderful new friends, who were waiting for her at the :laugh: