Pup Bubbling At Mouth

David See

Hi all,

I know I am going to have to take her to the vet, but I needed some initial advice.

Our new Pup, Molly, has been lethargic over the last day. I just went out the back to see the dogs and she was crying around the side of the house, lying on her side, just wimpering. It took all her energy to get up.

I picked her up, still wimpering, and I noticed she had bubbles at the side of her mouth. She has appeared awfully skinny over the last day or so, too.

I am wondering if she has been bitten by something, or poisoned.

Twice since we had her, it appeared as if she had some kind of snotty growth around her bottom lip. This morning I had to litterally peel something off her bottom lip, around the front edge. Looked like snot, but was completely attached to her skin. Once there was like a dried mucus all over her nose like a second skin, if you like, that had to be peeled off.

Thought you guys might know something before it is off to the vet.

Regards

David

Edited by David See

We're back, not Parvo - vet said she has picked up a bug and will be over it in a day or two as long as she doesn't start vomiting or get the squits.

Vet suspected parvo but said because her belly wasn't sore, Parvo was out.

She got a shot for her 39.6 temperature and is on antibiotics. Back home now and she seems a little better, following our other dog around at last.

There goes another $100 but at least Molly is ok.

She has also remembered to use her tongue to drink, too!

David

Edited by David See