Swollen Anus.. Shes Home.. She Pooed!

boxagirl

I'm glad she seems to be coming good.

Not to alarm you, but just so's you continue to keep a good eye on her (which, no doubt, you do anyway!) ....

Acquaintences of mine have a boxer (not to suggest this is breed related - just coincidental) and showed symptoms of vomiting. This disappeared and was thought nothing much more of. Admittedly, the dog was perhaps a little quieter than normal, but because the dog is normally well "over the top" it was probably welcomed by its owners and perhaps assumed she was settling down with age.

Urine and stool output was normal.

Anyway, a good couple of months slipped by and all of a sudden, the dog showed vivid signs of trouble, to the point of collapse.

It turned out that it had swallowed a hard ball (not one of the owners' .... they don't know where it picked it up from). This was removed by surgery and she is now back to her "over the top" normal self.

Even with obstructions, it is possible for a dog to poop.

Having said this, I note your Vet took xrays which points in the direction of no obstruction (save for any which might not be able to be detected by xray).

But anyways, keep an eye on Bondi and if there's more retching and/or vomiting or "not right" stools, I'd be returning him for further investigation.

Good luck ... I truley hope there's nothing more to this and that Bondi returns to full health without further ado. :thumbsup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Erny, Im still keeping a close eye on her.

VET didn't take Xrays in the end, said keep a close eye on her and if she doesn't pass a normal poo in the next day bring her back... Bondi did poo.

She now is back to her normal hyperactive self too (decided she wanted to play at 10:00 at night :thumbsup: )

Guest cloverfdch

Oh no i only just saw this now :). I am glad to hear Bondi is feeling better and is wanting to play again. Sending good vibes and speedy recovery thoughts Bondi's way.

:thumbsup: For the both of you and Barkers too.