Ndtf Training

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IR - Could you perhaps get a student loan or a loan through Centrelink or something for further education? It may be worth enquiring about.

TB - Got an answer to my email today. Catherine the course coordinator is going to send my info pack in the mail tonight so hopefully I will get it tomorrow. I am glad it is in May as I will have to save up some money and hopefully I will be eligible for the pay by the month method. Catherine said there were places still available in May so hears hoping I can get in :rolleyes: Am excited now!

Anne

There are also usually one or two students in each course who are on sponsorship, they pay a percentage and a vet/kennel/training organisation etc pays the rest in return for a certain amount of work during or after the course.

If you are currently working with dogs, it might be something you wish to discuss with your employers, or you could approach someone about employment during or after you finish the course.

I recently completed the NDTF course and it was fantastic. They are forever taking students critisms and comments for improvements and actually changing the course all the time. I only completed the course back in May last year at the time we did a very small section on dog aggression and asked for more of the course to focus on that. It was implementled shortly after our course. There are several electives which you can choose such as sent detection, tracking, trailing ect which you can further your knowledge on in courses that focus on that particlular topic. It is highly recommended as the theory and practial content as other people have suggested opens up several avenues for futher training and learning.

I have sent an email about the distance package and got an email saying they'll send it when it's available, but I havent received it yet.....

To the people who have received packs: are you all located in VIC? Just trying to work out if the distance pack is actually available yet... I dont want to miss out!

Thanks