Serch And Rescue

m-j

Hi

I would like to become involved in serch and rescue but not really sure how to do it. I fairly certain there are no organisations around here (Albury) that involves dogs, but I'm hoping somone can tell me otherwise or of the nearest organisation to me.

cheers

M-J

Hi m-j,

I am also interested in SAR. I am from NSW. I am currently researching as much as I can about it and hoping to find a perfect puppy candidate this year.

There is a great organisation in Victoria for SAR. I have a feeling SARDOG knows a bit about it ;o). SARDA is a great website, there is a fair bit of info and lots of good links too.

The reason I am interested in SAR is that I would like to work with dogs to hopefully help people in need. I am not really a show type of person. There is more of a chance that I won't succeed but if I don't try, I will never know.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for your replies will PM Sardog and check out the website. I thought I would ask here as I knew I it would save me from wading through lots of websites :mad I also would like to be able to help and learn as much as possible.

cheers

M-J

Ash:
But I think Tohko needs the Therapy, and he would be lucky to Search or Rescue himself

K9: yes well if your serious about SAR, you choose the dog, like most high end disciplines, not choose what you would like to do with the dog you have..

Yep thanks for the tip.

If I was serious about it, I would have chosen the right breed.

I said I would have loved him to do it.

I would have liked Tohko to do some kind of work, rather than just a Pet.

But not to be.....

Boerboels are being used in the states as S&R, Therapy, Protection/Security and also herding.

Take Care

Ash..

Thanks for your interest in search & rescue , I have received the PM's and will help with them individually.

I have had so much interest from NSW - very pleasing.

I think we need to initialise a branch there with K9 as Chief Instructor for

"Sarda - NSW Branch"- !!! :mad

Julie - aka Sardog

President

Ashley:

Boerboels are being used in the states as S&R, Therapy, Protection/Security and also herding.

K9: well aware of the breed, but not all retrievers retrieve, shepherds herd or hunters hunt.

Whilst you may start with a breed, you need to temp test each dog for suitability...

K9: if they were running a seminar or workshop, I personally would try to attend, great people, great skills & great dogs.

Sardog hold a seminar!!!! I will help organise it if you like. Lardner Park at Gippsland?

Lets go.........................My favourite topic, training using prey drive.

Otherwise they tell me, there are some delightful B and Bs near K9 force, LOL.

Jigetty, jig, jig.

I wonder if you might also send me some info please Sardog? You might remember I asked quite awhile ago but I never received anything. I'm still interested :)

I'm interested too, if you don't mind, Sardog? :D

K9: lol... Like I need more work! lol...

How about I dump SARDOG Julie in it & say, how about we run a dual seminar in Vic, I will come down (if people would like) & run something of mine & SARDOG can run one the following day or previous day?

Sounds like Lablover is keen. (surprise lol)

Or SARDOG can come up here & we run it in NSW either way Im happy to help... how about we do both? One NSW one VIC?

WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO

Can I just tell you now that I really don't want to miss out so can I put my name down now regardless of when it is or where it is (obviously I prefer NSW though). Please Please Please hehe.

THANKS

Also, in relation to finding the right pup. I have been browsing breeder sites etc but all I seem to find is Show champions (I may be reading these wrong though and I am only focussing on NSW at present) rather than labs with retreiving / tracking (working) titles etc. I was going to start making calls next week to breeders to find out further details but my next question may be a shortcut. Can someone point me in the right direction of finding a lab with working lines in NSW (I am lazy I know)?

Ta