Brodie

Crysti_Lei

Ok, right now i am several Harvey Wallbangers under the weather but in the last few weeks i have reflected on Brodie's time with me.

when i first got her i was quickly sinking back into agoraphobia, it wasn't working (quit me job) and i was relunctant to leave places where i was 'safe'. since i had her she was a shoulder to cry on and a support like no other. she even lead me to the the path that had me thinking of the use of phobia support dogs (patent pending :laugh: ) i don't belive that i could have completed my year at TAFE without her.

It was the same time that i started considering myself 'healthy/cured' that she started getting sick. coincidence? or was her work done??

So untill now it hasn't been said aloud, but with out the help of good ol' Mr Wallbanger i am able, without inhibition, to say that i think she was sent to me to help me and to set me on the path i am on now. i know i would never have ended up here with out her, yet this exactly where i wanted to be! but never untill Brodie had the courage to folllow it.

i'm drunk, so pass this off as only that, but it is only drunk, being agnostic, that i can admit that is how i feel about it, especially with the timing that she started getting sick!

i am crying too much, i have to go. thank you for reading my rambling.

Christie

• 5 months later...

it has been just over six months now...

today i saw the vet that had worked with us to help you for the first time since she placed that final needle in you arm. the memories of that horrid day came flooding back. Even the vet remembered you and and said how special you were.

i still cry, every other day, right now even. my heart still aches and feels empty with out you, my baby bear. i know what it is like to loose a child.

i will be forever sorry for the final hours of your life. you asked for my help and i asked you to hold on. i am sorry you suffered. the day plays over and over again in my head, from when you woke us, when you got up on the bed, every word i said to you as we laid on the family room floor, to the moment i finally accepted that this was the end of our time together, when you could no longer stand, the momment you dad arrived home and you fell out the door, carring you in to the vet, the needle going in, the moment you were gone.

i will always regret my silence as i watched you pass. i wanted you to go to a chorus of praise, but was to focused on my own greif. you know you are a good girl, and you always will be.

Almost six months to the day of your passing we bought in a new puppy, Herbie: the Love Pug. you would like him, though he could never replace you.

i will soon get another Saint, please send me a Saint Bernard puppy with your blessings.

One day baby, one day i will see you again at the rianbow bridge, i is still a lifetime away, but i cannot wait.

i love you, Brodie.

Mummy XOXO