Farewell Boy

Chicken

To start with I just want to say that I am glad I found this forum. I really like the idea of rainbow bridge, and I hope that my little boy is there, happy and healthy.

Well, my little Muffin, my beautiful little long haired chihuahua, has been gone for over three years now, sometimes it seems like only yesterday. Sometimes I forget you're actually gone. You were so sick in the end that you could barely walk, but you always managed to stand up and wag that tail of yours when your daddy came outside. Oh yes, you were definately daddy's boy, through and through. Now that daddy has passed on as well, I hope wherever you are, you are together. I know how happy you made each other.

I remember when I was younger, I took you for a walk. I tripped over and cut my knee. I droppped the leash, I was so scared you would run away, but you came and sat with me until I could get up and walk home

And we always knew that the neighbours kid jumped the fence and kicked you. We never could prove it though. You got 2 broken ribs from that. I'm so sorry that had to happen to you, you were the sweetest gentlest little boy ever. You got your own back though, you bit the little shit the next time he came over.

In the end you were so sick, boy, and the kindest thig we could do for you was let you go, but that vet we were taking you to said to just keep giving you the drugs. You weren't going to get any better, you had a good life, I hope, so we took you to another vet for their opinion. When we were all ready, we cleaned you up as best we could without hurting you, took of your collar, and tookyou away to the vet for the last time. I never saw my dad cry, but he did then. he held you as you went to sleep. I don't think either of you realised just how quickly he would be joining you. I hope you were comfortable my baby boy.

We got you from the shelter when you were 18 months old, I was 5 at the time. You were almost 19 when you went to sleep for the last time. You were my best friend and i love you still.

Oh what a sad but beautiful story about a little dog that lit up the lives of your family.

I am sure that both your Dad and the little fellow are having the time of their lives up there, and they both would be keeping a very good eye on you, to make sure that you are safe.

Briohney,

They are special. Each and every one. People and animals. No two are the same.

None can ever replace your Muffin but another one can "mind" you until you are all reunited.

I am going to be trampled on by a stampede when I go to the bridge! :o

I am so very sorry that you lost your best mate and your dad too.

Take care. :rolleyes: