We Started Agility Last Night

Grace my 5yr dalmatian and I started agility last night and had a blast!!! :thumbsup: We did the table, the tunnel both with and without the floppy end (if you know what I mean :laugh: ) jumping through the tyer and over some small jumps, which Grace LOVED when we where tring to pack up the the jumps she just keeped going over and over them :confused: (she used to love jumping the horses jumps when I used to instruct at pony club) and we also did some touch exercises with the a board flat on the ground and some follow the finger and left and right turns.........How much fun is this agility stuff :scold:

Im very lucky that Grace is 100% reliable off leash and will not leave me....so most thing done last night where done off leash so I didnt have to worry about getting tangled up in the leash

thanks for listening to my ranting we just had sooooo much fun and I had to tell someone :p

Great to hear another Dali entering the world of agility.

Jake (my dali) and I started agility a couple of months ago and we love it. It's funny to watch our class though because all the other dogs are of working breeds and then there is my dali :thumbsup:

He loves it and we have great fun :confused:

Austogo yes I think that you can safely say we are hooked :thumbsup:

CF go the spotted hoons :scold: :p I know what you mean the rest of the dog in our class are working dogs but Im pleased to say my Amazing Grace put them to shame last night by not being scared to give thing a go :confused:

ETA Chicko it is a blast isnt it :laugh:

Edited by gracesmum

Chicko - not too reliable to start with but it's good to have a good strong recall for when you move up the levels :) I know what recalls are like with those naughty beagles but I'm sure you and yuor gorgeous puppa will be fine :)

Agility tonight for us and am going to try and get some pics :)

Glad to see a Dally doing agility. A lady had one at our last OzLink day, she went really well too!

Grace sounds like she's going to be a bit special at it. She must trust you to be having a go at all those obstacles on the first night. It's a big plus to have a puppy with the nature Grace apparently has. Lucky you! :) Take a camera and get someone to take some piccies. Love agility photos!!!!!!!

We've been doing agility for 6 months now. We really, really love it. Our first Novice Trial is coming up in May. :)

Cheyenne_Fury. We'd love to see your pics :)

Edited by squirtydog

Hi All :)

We also did our first agility last night and had a ball, we are only new to this level 1 but Minx was very good and I'm looking forward to getting on the fun stuff :)

Are there many staffy's doing this sport??

Are there many staffy's doing this sport??

there is a lovely staffy here in WA at masters level and was on the winning team event at the Western Classic. There are a few staffyX too.

Edited by Rusky

I have a Staffy doing agility, I have only met one other but am told that there are a few out there doing it. I got my girl when she was 9 months old and whenever we were out walking she would jump up onto any raised surface, you name it, garden beds, gutters, business fences, peoples brick fences and walk along them! Then she started sitting on top of her kennel at home instead of going in it (yes it was a pitch roof). That was when i decided to look into agility. So we found a school so every Sunday i made the trip - over 100km each way!! Havent been going as regularly lately, as i found she needed more focus on me so we have been working intensly on that and it really paid off at her last trial!! She finished 4 out of the 5 rounds she went in. Still working on getting a pass but it will come. Agility is the best thing i have ever come across! :)

rastus_froggy, it's great that your little staffy is making use of her natural ability. I got my BC started in a similar way.

There's a young girl with a staffy at our club who has just started agility and she's going very well.

If you really want to see what Staffies can do, look on page 14 of the March "Canine Journal". It's about one of our friends and her Staffy named Bree, they're in our Dog Training club. Staffies can do anything!!! :shhh:

come on Squirtydog!! practice what you preach!!! lets see some picsof Squishy :(
OK, you inspired me. Here's some of mine in the photo section: Squishy Training

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours Smarty Sparty :)

CH I have just joined up at Action Dogs in Doveton Vic, where do you go?

Minx and I are in control class at our obedience club which is ADT, but have only been in this class for 2 weeks, so we are getting there and advanced class is next for us, :shhh: but it will be awhile before we get there so can relax for awhile :(

Edited by kittyhawklee

if you go to this link, look on the right for

see our dogs in action'

scroll to the ANWA fundraiser from last year and the staffy is on the last page of pics, look at her face she is a darling, she loves it.

Good luck with you and your staffy.

SRAODG