Bathing My Sheltie

I've got three rough collies. They are bathed on average, about once per month.

If it's a show weekend, they are bathed weekly.

They have access to the house and garden and pergola areas. Sleep on my bed or find

a cosy spot somewhere around the kids rooms or lounge.

Luv them to bits, and enjoy grooming them, & keeping them looking lovely.

Having my own hydrobath and dryer helps too.

Take Care

Margaret

All over baths are probably six to eight weeks. But if showing, they get a bath before the show & then I will just do their whites with a hot towell rubbed over the rest of the coat.

Depends on the time of year & if they are blowing coat too.

Just remember to make sure that you rinse all shampoos from the coat & make sure that the coat is fully dry especially during the hot months. If you leave any moisture near the skin, it can then develope into hot spots.

Hi SR if it's a really really hot day I wash and towel dry my dogs and let the sun do the rest.. I do usually dry them with the blow dryer and Hair dryer for Lucy for days 24 degrees and under, this is only to makesure that the coat is fully dry so no hot spots can form.. makesure you dry really well behind ears and under his arm pits...

Good Luck

PS Any more updated pictures??? would love to see

sheltiesrule, I always use a dryer as it helps biff the loose coat, and they come up butiful, boy are they my dogs?. Mind you I have a commercial one for the business, but use it on a lower setting.

A powerful human hairdryer is enough to fluff them up, just make sure that you dont use too much heat and I keep spraying the coat with water as I do it so its doesnt dry out.

Would like to hear how often other Sheltie owners bath their dogs...some of the books I have say not to bath them often as this washes away the oils which are good for their coat.....Kasper's a digger so he gets quite grubby.

My friend has her three shelties hydro bathed once a year. She believes they don't need bathing more than that. She also brushes them for about an hour once a week lol They always look beautiful anyway lol :thumbsup: