He's Arrived

Lablover's new baby has finally arrived on Oz soil..... ;)

Since his conception late last year Yank has travelled from USA and arrived at Tullamarine on Tues. and has been transferred to Spotswood for 30 days and will then go to live the rest of his life in pure doggy heaven at Lablover's property.

Those who know Lablover will totally agree ;)

Welcome "Yank" - he's a beautiful young black Labrador.

post-6145-1144896784.jpg

Yayyyyyy!!! At last!!!! Lablover - I bet you are just so over the moon. The piccy is not working, but I have seen pictures of him that Lablover showed me a month ago. He is lovely!

I'm sure there will be pictures coming here soon, though, for all of us to enjoy ..... if Lablover comes down from cloud 9 :laugh:

Congratulations Lablover. And thanks for posting Sardog. :D

Sorry, sorry, sorry.......the pic didn't work! :laugh:

Apparently the host said the pic size was too big but I didn't think they would even put in on the post.

Lablover can post some pics when she gets home from the Easter Retrieving Trials :D

He's beautiful......

He is here alright!!!! Damm!!!! What have I got myself into????.

He is a rather manic labrador. Just what I wanted. I hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew. LOL. His nerves are solid. No fear.

Due to Australian quarantine requirements the time delay has been great. He is 9 months old. On a good note, I had the time to test his hips, elbows, eyes x 2, PRA and CNM which he all passed.

When he is released from lock up, I will start him as I would a baby puppy.

I started him on prey drive exercises today. He certainly has the desire to work. He needs more focus on the job at hand, but being a very busy type dog, patience will be required. His basic obedience is a little rusty. He gave me a blister from rope burn today. LOL.

He has not lost any weight in quarantine, which pleases me no end. The staff are enjoying his zest for life!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

MAN - O - MAN.....What an awesome import...!

We paid Lablover and Yank a visit yesterday arvo, left late evening :)

Yank has such presence, interest and... dare I reiterate on this forum ....DRIVE

He will do both countries proud with his achievements I'm sure!.

Go Jules......

Edited by Sardog

Thanks Julie.

He has settled in rather well, I must say!!!

Spinning like a champion.

He continues to delight me in all my little "tests". If he can mark, like he has passed my other assessments, I think I will keep him, he he he.

Welcome To Your New Home, Yank! :) :D

Can't wait to meet you when we get to where you are!!

Clancy wants to know if you can do 'Whippet Rips', and if not would you like to learn?

Carlin just wants to wag tails!

Annie and her boyz

Annie,

Now lets see...........he does look a little like a whippet, except bigger. He has exceptional movement.........actually like a whippet come to think about it. He sure is active and always ready to work.

Regarding tail wagging with Clancy. No problem. Yank has a...........um..........err "unique" tail. LOL.

He is here alright!!!! Damm!!!! What have I got myself into????.

That's exactly what I said 2.5 years ago when driving home with a manic Kelpie named Scout. Haven't looked back though, but still say the same words sometimes. :) He has taught me so much so I wouldn't change it for the world.

Congratulations LL he looks great.

IMHO Spotswood is the best quarantine station in the world - I've never seen a dog or cat lose wait yet. I am there regularly so I will look out for him.

Welcome Yank.