Iams/eukanuba - The Wonder Pet Food Company

I am sure that many of you have heard about the barbaric experiments that have taken place by Iams. This is mostly for those that have no idea and I would appreciate it if those that have heard about it yet believe in its products keep away from this thread as I know that you will simply try to disprove the claims :thumbsup: and although I am no fan of PETA the truth cannot be ignored. Here is a link that will explain what Iams is guilty of. All that I have to add is that I hope that Iams is doomed and stops flourishing as a business and that those directly involved in these cruel experiments don't get to enjoy a single pretty penny :rolleyes: :mad:mad

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Spring04/P...etFood/Iams.htm

And for those that are about to tell me that all companies conduct experiments, well all I can say to that is that when I am made aware of companies that inflict so much pain and suffering I refuse to buy their products and I can only hope that animal lovers out there STOP buying Iams/Eukanuba. These barbaric beasts should not be getting the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of their cruel, callous and cold hearted labour. Damn them all!!!

Edited by Zorro_007

I think its only fair if you're going to lambaste one company for animal testing that you be unbiased and research other cases of pet food companies' animal testing and post those also. I dont buy iams or eukanuba btw :thumbsup:

Oh comeon Cactus, don't be so prickly....I am not lambasting this company, I am only stating COLD HARD FACTS. If I come to find out that other pet food companies are guilty of such cruelty then I will be only TOO HAPPY to do exactly the same, no more no less!!!

I have to add though that if other companies were just as guilty it would be public knowledge by now, don't you think???!!!

lol. would be great if that were true, but it isnt. If you research it I'm sure it wont be too hard to find out. Maybe start with other animal lib groups- PETA are just one of many. As a high school kid we watched footage smuggled out of labs that did animal experimentation and vivisection. Been a vego ever since. lol.

well, something of other companies that I do know about is that Hills and Purina are both against a certain protein test using chicks that Iams does use. Both claim it to be needless and cruel and dispute the relevance to the GIT of dogs and cats. Hills instead has some kind of computer analysis system in place. I'm not sure if your link gave that info, I didn't check it out yet as I've already heard about Iams from another source.

So, IMHO boycotting Iams is well justified.

This topic has been discussed quite a few times in the past.

Seeing this is a discussion forum, and anyone is free to try to prove or disprove the claims you are making Zorro.

Here is link to the topic last time this was discussed. People may prefer to read what others have said there, and perhaps respond there intead.

Iams topic

• 1 month later...

Hiya

I just searched Iams on this site to see if other consumers were aware. I actually feed my dogs Iams, but will be stopping that from now on.

Can anyone tell me if they have found any other brands which DON'T test on animals?

I originally used Iams because other brands seemed to give one of my puppies a bad stomach. But now I think that he's a bit older he might be able to cope with another brand.

Thanks!

Hi Cachorrita,

Eagle Pack Holistic Select is very good. My dog doesn't get gas. His poops are firm and easy to pick up. Eagle Pack diets have been listed consistently in the Top Ten in "The Whole Dog Journal" American website. Out of the 10 that Eagle Pack had something going on that was lacking in the others (Holistic Wellness for Life). The Holistic Select Formula received rave reviews in "Good Dog Magazine"

forums on Eagle Pack http://www.terrificpets.com/forum/24640.asp,

http://www.pets.ca/forum/printthread.php?t=7129

The following website has important information about commercial dog foods. Egle Pack Holistic select is also listed as one of the better foods. http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial

Oh...perhaps of some interest...PETA has been caught creating experiments and situations of animal cruelty...filming it and putting it out there as fact files of companies...wouldn't be thinking you'd find it on the PETA website tho...

Oh...perhaps of some interest...PETA has been caught creating experiments and situations of animal cruelty...filming it and putting it out there as fact files of companies...wouldn't be thinking you'd find it on the PETA website tho...
Now now Kitkat..... you're just trying to disprove and discredit the Iams issues.

Shame on you!!

I dont believe KitKat is trying to disprove or discredit the Iams issue. PETA has been caught creating fictitious videos :) in the past in an attempt to destroy large companies for whatever they claim their reason to be.

Personally you should research a topic fully before claiming that anything from PETA or any other animal rights organisation are COLD HARD FACTS. This includes doing web research on the alleged guilty party, checking to see if any other animal rights organisations have anything to say about the company, checking with the RSPCA - calling the company themselves and asking what their views are regarding animal testing.

Dont presume a company is guilty because PETA (or any other organisation) has said so. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Make the decisions on the evidence you discover yourself. :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents worth.

What's that saying about people in glass houses? :thumbsup:

With PETA murdering tens of thousands of dogs a year, I would not believe one thing they had to say, and video or photographic evidence is very easy to fabricate. More research is required here I think...

I don't use IAMS either, as I don't like their product.

oh man here we go again.

i was recently talking to a representative of the company in regards to PETA. The Iams company asked for a PETA member to come work at the Iams factory to see what they do and show them they were doing nothing wrong. So a member came and worked and sabotaged the clinic and took footage of a pound and claimed it was the Iams testing facility (the beagle footage you have linked us to).

im so over PETA.