Sultan

Rozzie

Our poor old boy. Discarded by the factory he worked so many years to protect. Taken to be euthanased. Thankfully Sultan was taken to Burwood, so had a chance.

Collapsed wrists, poorsight and hearing. Terrible arthritis, bad skin.

But a gentle, loving old man.

He learnt to walk on grass. He learnt to eat good food. He learned to be loved. He had a doggy friend and a cat who adored him. He had us.

We had him with us for such a short time. He had a Christmas with lots of presents.

He had a heart of gold and a dignity and grace that belied his beginnings.

He died surrounded with love.

RIP my boy. Missed every day.

He was my dog now he runs with the angels.

post-19-1073450562.jpg

The following is an extract from a talk I gave a couple of years ago about PAWS. I was telling the gathering how PAWS came about ....

"A truly wonderful page and a great favourite is the Sultan Memorial Fund page. Through this Fund, people who have lost pets can sponsor one of the dogs looking for a home and put on the website a photograph and dedication to their own pet.

Sultan did, in fact, exist. He was a dog who came into the Pound late in 1999. He had been a guard dog, but now that he was old and sick, he was no longer able to work and thus no longer wanted. He was homed to a wonderful couple who made him very happy for the last couple of months of his life. When he passed away, they emailed us attaching their own website which is all about their own animals and we were able to view pictures of our darling Sultan living out his last weeks in love and comfort and special companionship. You can visit this site on a link from the PAWS site.

Sheila set up the Sultan Memorial Fund to honour this lovely old man and also as an avenue for memorialising all those other creatures who have left our lives but still mean so much to us. "

Rozzie, I don't know if you still have your own website... do you?

Regards

Arolf

Rozzie I never knew it was your wonderful family who gave Sultan such comfort and love when he was homeless.

You and your family never cease to amaze me.

Thank goodness people like you exist.

I would love to view your page sometime.

Thank you for all the animals who have been fortunate enough to spend time with your family in love and safety.

Karen

Rozzie - your special.

I knew Sultan from the Paws site - but didn't know till now that it was you who gave him a wonderful home for his last few months. Thanks

The world is a better place for you being in it.

Cheers

Amanda