Lure Coursing - Victoria.

The Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria will be holding lure coursing at KCC Park, Skye on Sunday July 16 from 12.00noon to 3.00pm.

All breeds and crossbreeds welcome.

Go to the club website for further details and guidelines.

See you there,

Darren.

Edited by BARTESS

Just enough time for the bitch to come out of season :D she may quiet down a little this time ... probably not ...

everyone ready to watch a Bordeaux throw himself around after a plastic bag! SUPER SKOOT will have his first run yaaay

catch ya there!!

The Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria will be holding lure coursing at KCC Park, Skye on Sunday July 16 from 12.00noon to 3.00pm.

Great, thanks Darren. We'll plan to be there again with our three - hope they'll still remember how to turn corners after their straight run with the Deerhounds.

Hahaha Damn I was hoping no one noticed Caber's little tantrums!!! :) :D

Poor Iko doesn't know what's going on, it's been ages since the last LC day!!! Need to invest in a machine in the backyard haha.

Pleeeeeeeeeease bring Ziggy!!! He's too cute :)

Wyvern you HAVE to come ...

there is a course set up with strong fishing line and a plastic bag is tied to it. The bag then flies around the course and the dogs chase it

MEGA SUPER FUN for all :dropjaw: even the dogs hehehehehe

trust me, even people who think their dogs arent interested cant help themselves!

Oh count me in. Just hope my dog remembers what to do! :dropjaw:

To answer questions - yes there is an age limit re puppies - check the site.

Cost is minimal - you need VCA insurance (you can buy on the day for $6.50 and it lasts a whole year) - or you may already be covered thru your own dog club. Then it is (I think) $2 a run.

It's for sight hounds - but my mutt got the idea (eventually - on her first run she sniffed around and then did a great big poo! :laugh: ). The course operator ended up suggesting I get one of the kids to run - worked a treat! You can also run them with another dog to help get the idea.

It is SO magic though when they 'geddit" and are off and chasing! :)

Spikespuppy- I'll bring Ziggy if I can convince someone to come to hold onto him for me! If he does come it will be his last outing entire, he will be getting his manhood removed sometime during the week after *evil laugh* I don't know if he will be old enough for a run, at the moment he is too clumsy to run a straight line :thumbsup:

I'll see if my friend can make it... she doesn't have a dog so she'd be able to hold Mr Ziggy for you :thumbsup:

Poor boy losing his manhood! Evil evil dogmum rofl.

Not sure yet if Caber'll be coming... I may have a foster Grey to bring instead (don't worry, Caber gets plenty of outings!).

Awww but Caber is soo cute! The entertainment value before he gets in is great, but then the sounds that come out of his mouth once he gets up to a certain speed after the lure :D Would love to meet the grey though :D

I am an evil dogmum, I get all mine desexed ASAP- I was petrified Coco was going to come on heat :thumbsup:

Desexing is good! Believe me, if I didn't need Caber entire for showing I'd have his boybits cut off in a heartbeat!!!

Caber seems to be popular... he's a brat so I don't know why rofl. Oh dear THAT noise. Sounds like he's going through a blender! It is a happy sound though, I swear! :laugh:

It helped me- the lady selling tickets said to try and get Coco psyched by watching other dogs run to get the idea since it was her first time. She wasn't interested until Caber went in there and got her attention :laugh: