Short Agility Leads

At Agility I see some poeple with a very short lead on their dogs for working on offlead, they almost look like a lead that the dog has chewed down to 4 or 5 inches long, more like a handle lol but does anyone know where to buy one? I'm in Melbourne.

I use short tabs with my youngsters. The short tabs are exactly as you describe, chewed up leads, LOL. I worry with pups that a long lead may become twisted around their legs as they retrieve.

One point, be aware they some dogs can cause blisters to our hands, and the lead material is important (or gloves). Ouch, think razorblades.

Great thanks everyone :thumbsup: I was out buying doggie stuff today and didn't even think about looking for the short leads :(:cry: probably because they do look like someones old lead chewed up :cry:

Ok another visit to robbo's or petstock

Another thing to think of as I have made a few in the past and have been told they are for off lead training, is a very short plaited lead.

It is only about 10cm long with a small snap. They have a knot at the end so if you do grab at it there is a little knot at the end to stop your hand from sliding and they are as light as a feather.

Really the dog doesn't know it is there.

Just a thought :thumbsup:

I make them out of kangaroo leather as this is the strongest lightweight leather.

With a very small brass snap they are fantastic and only cost $6.00 plus $1.00 post. I have another long lead on Ebay that is plaited but the training ones are very small and the actual length can vary depending on dog and what the owner wants. :laugh: oh and colour. If you want red, turquoise, brown, black etc

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

This is the one on ebay. :)