Ouch!

Lablover, the song is Germanic by Krupps :rofl:

Krupps, another band I have never heard of!! |I am so old. Must look up their other songs. I have played the video half a dozen times so far, I am totally hooked on the tune, LOL.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lablover, the song is Germanic by Krupps :clap:

Krupps, another band I have never heard of!! |I am so old. Must look up their other songs. I have played the video half a dozen times so far, I am totally hooked on the tune, LOL.

Ha, yes, it's a rather good one. Oh, and typo on my behalf, it is GermaniAc...sorry bout that :rofl:

I also don't like the skipping look in heeling...if your dog does this how can you make it stop?? I'm about to start taking my GSD Kovu through the training in drive course...REALLY looking forward to it!

Edited by shekhina

Ha, yes, it's a rather good one. Oh, and typo on my behalf, it is GermaniAc...sorry bout that :clap:

I also don't like the skipping look in heeling...if your dog does this how can you make it stop?? I'm about to start taking my GSD Kovu through the training in drive course...REALLY looking forward to it!

Still looking for the Krupps - I can only find the Die Krupps, is this the same band?

We are going totally off topic BTW :rofl:

Worry about attitude in time regarding heeling. The dog DOES look focused and animated. Better than slugging around the ring by a zillion miles.

Edited by Lablover

Ha, yes, it's a rather good one. Oh, and typo on my behalf, it is GermaniAc...sorry bout that :rofl:

Still looking for the Krupps - I can only find the Die Krupps, is this the same band?

Sure is :clap:

Yes the skipping in it made it look like the dog was constantly expecting something, altho I doubt he was food trained? Was still pretty awesome tho, maybe we should start an "I need to be inspired thread?' and have anyone that has inspirational video's put them up? I LOVE that video of Carolyn Scott and her Golden Retriever doing the freestyle doggie dancing! Anyone have that?

To me the skipping would be that the dog does not know what best to do to get a reward - a bit like Yanks teeth chattering. :rofl:

Easily fixed i'm guessing - take it back to basics teaching heeling slowly progressing with lots of rewards when the dog is controlling himself as he moves to stay at the side.

T: To me the skipping would be that the dog does not know what best to do to get a reward

K9: Its actually the result of the dog not having done enough focus work...

a bit like Yanks teeth chattering.

K9: not really, Yank I believe used to do that in what we call drive overflow, that fallout chatter you see is the result of a dog with out enough satisfaction.

High drive demands high satisfaction....

T: Easily fixed i'm guessing - take it back to basics teaching heeling slowly progressing with lots of rewards when the dog is controlling himself as he moves to stay at the side.

K9: remember that this dog is washing drive off with the pace that is set, if that handler slows down it will create frustration, ie raise drive. The dog is on the edge of peak, slowing down will make it jump up at the handler :mad

W: Yes the skipping in it made it look like the dog was constantly expecting something, altho I doubt he was food trained?

K9: look at the jacket, bet the dog thinks there is a prey item in there... :thumbsup:

Aha! Well that would explain it! So how does one get the dog NOT to look like he's constantly expecting something? I noticed Lablovers beautiful Stamp, focused on what she was asking him to do the instant his prey item dissapeared, he didn't spend the whole time running around looking at her jacket! So how did you do that Lablover??!! (Seeing as where you store his 'prey' item it's a good thing he doesn't, otherwise you'd have a dog running around looking at your chest all the time, and some people may find that rather odd! :mad )

W: So how does one get the dog NOT to look like he's constantly expecting something?

K9: remove the expectation would also remove the motivation (ie drive). You want that just not the fallout of hopping...

I personally use the ball closer to the dogs mouth a lot & passive delivery of the item...

Did you see how LL pulls out the ball ever so slowly? Wonder where she learned that? :mad

Also, Lablovers dog Stamp is far better temperament...

Edited by K9 Force

So how does one get the dog NOT to look like he's constantly expecting something?

I would suggest the dog needs more training ...... to understand that the owner will not provide drive satisfaction until it is heeling as required. This might require a step back in training (ie dog heels a few steps without skipping : prey item is delivered). Perhaps the owner jumped too quickly in time increments to getting the dog to heel? I think timing of delivery of the prey item would play a good part in this too. And/or perhaps the owner needs to randomise where the prey item will appear from.

Mind you, I say this without having seen the vid.

ETA: Sorry if I've jumped in on your tune, Steve. But the above are my thoughts on the answer to this question. :mad

Edited by Erny

Well where's the video of LL and Stamp? :thumbsup:

My mum Lablover, says "no way", besides...................as you can see, I currently have a sore foot, :mad I think mum is shy. Poor nerves I reckon.

xxxxxxx

Love Stamp.

2850.jpg

My mum Lablover, says "no way",

Dear Stamp,

your Mum has had some private conversations with me in the past and told me about her goals so I know what she is trying to do here, but I just publically want to say that if I dont get a video of you from the important competition she is dead.

Im happy to receive the video by emial and not share it with the world, just let her know that, it might help to settle her weak nerves a bit.

Love

one of your fans

Edited by myszka

Im happy to receive the video by emial and not share it with the world, just let her know that, it might help to settle her weak nerves a bit.

Love

one of your fans

Gosh, my mum is too stupid to know how to do such things. Video by Email!!!!. Golly it took her a few lessons how to post photos.

Have to admit I am the smart one out of two of us.

xxxxxx

Stamp

Stamp just tell her to send me the file and Ill upload it for her.

oh and a 1-2 minute video can be taken with the digital camera that she takes photos with, if she can do that Ill do the rest for her.

or if she wants I can write her a procedure on how to do it.

OK. I think she can handle that.

What would you like to see of me or my new friend Yank, or my sister Peppa? Remembering our main joy is retrieving.

Being rather a showoff myself, I would prefer to look my best, when the bandage comes off tomorrow LOL.

Maybe my friend Steve K9 force could advise mum what part, would most interest my fans!!!!

xxx

Stamp.

Edited by Lablover

Personally Id like to see you Stamp, since Im you quiet fan.

However Id also like to see Yank and Mum doing their spinning stuff, really anything insirational you might have.

Dont forget we upload more than ONE video..... :mad